Suggestions on tutorials or dvd's?

Clobbersaurus

Reaction score
So I bought my first uke a few weeks ago(Kala KA-ASAC-C), and I've been trying to learn chords because not only do I want to learn to play songs, but I want to learn chords so I can maybe write some songs as well. Anyway, I've been using Ukulele Boot Camp, but I don't feel like I am really learning since it is just me and I have nothing to learn against, if that makes sense. It's getting me frustrated, and I don't want that. I know there are a lot of other resources out there, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any tutorial videos or dvd's that focus more on learning chords and actually learning to play than just quick basics and right into songs.

And before anyone mentions it, I know I could sign up for UU+, but I don't have the money right now, even though I know it is a good price.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!

Frankly, the best way to learn chords/learn how to play is by learning songs; whether it be singing and playing, or instrumentals.

Because as you go, you'll find that to learn songs, you'll also have to learn the chords that go with it, or learn the techniques that are in the instrumental. And the easiest to learn those chords and techniques (at least at this point, since you're a beginner) is by playing songs that you want to learn, instead of doing drills/sitting there studying and practicing.

Also, this way you build up your skills and repertoire at the same time :)

Last edited:
Check our and google musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for a ton of awesome video ukulele tutorials...also Dr Uke for songs, chords and information..Good Luck and congtars on the kala. MM Stan

Top Bottom