Another happy customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I wanted to share this email I got from a customer in Hawaii whom purchased one of my Dük curly Maples. The email is following:

--------------------------------------

I just received my delivery yesterday. This Uke has great a sound tone. What's unique about it is, depending what you're playing, it can give you a nice acoustic layer and suprising it can have a touch of sweet character. The vibration just lingers at times. What I'm trying to say is this uke has a personality of it's own. I played this off/on about 2 hours and also had some well known Hawaiian band players take a hold of it. We haven't put this down almost all night playing. THEY were very impressed! To them this was keeper for me to make sure I don't let this one go, LOL. I don't know if the weather makes a difference, during hot day here in SoCal the sound brings out a nice mellow tune. At night that is much cooler it brings out a crisp tone to it. I may later have one of the band members change to low 'G' for it. Again thank you so much. Very unique uke. Anyways big Mahalo to you & God Bless!

Yeah, your video's sure made them sound amazing honestly. I like the sound on that concert one but I think they were all sold by the time I cared enough to do anything. Are you going to keep selling those or are you going only make your own a this point?

Right now, I am doing neither while I tool up my own shop. But that said, I will continue buying/setting-up/re-selling Bruce Wei ukes, and building my own. I scaled back on the Bruce ukes because we had planned to have him build exclusive ukes to my standards and specs. He was fully willing to do that, but at this point, I couldn't afford to commit to the size of orders he needed to tool his shop up for my ukes. Understandable from a business standpoint on his part. I was wanting more of his ukes, but less more subtle inlay designs, as well as more concert, and soprano with concert scale necks. Again, he was willing, but he has to go where the bigger orders are. I just took that as an oportunity to explore making my own, and his as a secondary option.

I think you have a good thing with him but the bling is polarizing and only really having one consistent size is tough. There are so many different likes and dislikes you almost have to have a sample of all sizes and see what moves and what doesn't. Have him build you a unique but classy headstock that is a DUK exclusive along with a special soundhole. Not too blingy just slightly different so you can make a Brand for yourself. Concerts are very popular and soprano's are cheap. Those would be where I would spend my investing money if i were you.

I think you have a good thing with him but the bling is polarizing and only really having one consistent size is tough. There are so many different likes and dislikes you almost have to have a sample of all sizes and see what moves and what doesn't. Have him build you a unique but classy headstock that is a DUK exclusive along with a special soundhole. Not too blingy just slightly different so you can make a Brand for yourself. Concerts are very popular and soprano's are cheap. Those would be where I would spend my investing money if i were you.
Yep, Concerts, and Tenor is really catching up, but want to keep sopranos in there too. I have no plans for a bari tho (personally, just not crazy about those). My headstock design is nothing not really special though, but clean and nice. It is very similar to the one he uses allot, just a slightly bit more curvy. It is inspired by my favorite headstock (Gibson). Except without the "open book" look of Gibson. I love their headstock, but don't want to copy it either, so it is similar. Bruce was going to be putting my logo on it, which in time we will still do that. But for now, I will be putting the logo on my own. If we do move forward together, he will build me uke blanks, no strings, no bridge, no nut, no fretboard. This way, I can put my own fretboard with my own markers, headstock veneer w/logo, bridge design, and finish. We are actually still talking about that..

Bottom line, we slowed down, because I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I want to take it slower and do it right, and build a name and reputation for good stuff.

Posting one's own product reviews falls into the category of advertising. I'm going to go ahead and move it to the marketplace (although professional advertising does not belong there either) rather than deleting it, as I'm certain you did not intend to violate the rules of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom