Plastic Ukette owners... which strings for this little guy? and...

Total Ukphoria

Reaction score
I just aquired a Carnival ukette and was wondering what strings will be best for it when it arrives. It has its original strings- will they do?
and...
What tuning should it have?

Should get here next week.:eek:

I once tried to tune up an Islander with original multicolored strings... One of them snapped immediately. It was brittle from age. They sure look cool though! I bought a set of those Uncle Barney's colored strings on ebay to replace them, but the uke sounds better with Worth clears.
Do they make a light gauge?..I've been using the mediums for so long now, I've forgotten..

Congratulations on your soon-to-arrive new ukulele!

I've only seen pictures of Carnival Ukettes. Based on scale length, I'd guess it'll sound/feel good tuned up to D6 or Eb6. I'd use any nice brand of soprano strings. Not much of an answer to your question, I guess.

I do have a question for you, though. If your new Carnival has any cool designs on it, would you please post some pics once you've got it set up? Carnival made some very groovy ukuleles!

Thanks for the tip Alan! I think I heard you mention your Martin Flurocarbon on a few of your great vids. And, yes, Ralf, I'll pos the pics- they are really fun pics of a young cowboy with branding irons in a fire and the brands of those irons on the uke itself. And thanks!

+1 to the Worths but I used Brown lights on all mine, some are not that strong and you may bend the beck, raising the action. I never strung up my Carnival, I left the red strings on, but I did my Aloha which sounded awesome, and my Mauna Loa (which I had to tune a step down).

Thanks for the tip Alan! I think I heard you mention your Martin Flurocarbon on a few of your great vids. And, yes, Ralf, I'll pos the pics- they are really fun pics of a young cowboy with branding irons in a fire and the brands of those irons on the uke itself. And thanks!

Coooooool.

I just acquired a Maccaferri Sparkle Plenty Islander Ukette. I'll be trying Aquila Reds tuned aDF#B and/or Aquila iUke strings tuned gCEA up one octave like the iUke.

Top Bottom