Boo Takagi's custom double neck ukulele (@Aloha Yokohama 2011)

redBee

Reaction score
I went to the Aloha Yokohama 2011 event yesterday, where Boo Takagi (a famous comedian/ukulele player in Japan) played.

P1030752.JPG

I got a photo of his double neck ukulele made by Takahiro Shimo.
It sounded really nice too.

Last edited:
I have a few few japanese ukes and they are hard to get. Expensive too.

There is lots of eyecandy in that website for Takahiro Shimo. I like the Surf K. but I'd love to try all of them if there was a shop.

Some of our Japanese members should let us know where some of these unique ukes can be found in Japan. I'd like to make a trip just to shop for ukes and harmonicas (at Suzuki )

Ah it would have been great to have listened to a sound sample! That `ukulele looks real nice!

I have a few few japanese ukes and they are hard to get. Expensive too.

There is lots of eyecandy in that website for Takahiro Shimo. I like the Surf K. but I'd love to try all of them if there was a shop.

Some of our Japanese members should let us know where some of these unique ukes can be found in Japan. I'd like to make a trip just to shop for ukes and harmonicas (at Suzuki )

Even here these are not so easy to find. I guess you have to go to his atelier for that.
And yes, Japanese ukes are expensive! For those abroad, the exchange rate now doesn't help either. (But hey, at least it is easier for us to buy Hawaiian ukes now)

Check out the TRIPLE neck `ukulele that Takahiro Shimo made for Boo! Crazy!

3neck _boo.jpg

Sometimes when I drink, my uke looks like that! LOL
I wonder how a case for that ukulele looks like....

LoL I have the same problem when I drink too much. Probably has to use a special made gig bag?

Some cool pictures of double and triple neck ukes thanks for sharing.

Oh and what id give to play one of them.

Top Bottom