Suggestions for an electric ukulele?

dean.matt

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a solid body electric ukulele. I've got around £50 to spend, any suggestions?

I would say that eleuke is the best solid body ukulele. They cost more than your amount to spend but I would recommend that you save up for this solid body ukulele. I am currently saving up money for a new ukulele also and I know how hard it is to not spend it on a cheaper uke. I am almost half way there. I would recommend to just save your money. Hope this helped.

I'd have to second what poptart said.

Your best bet (and I'm biased, I admit) is to save up and get an Eleuke from Mim.
The instruments are really, really cool, fun to play and Mim's customer service is amazing.

In my view, Eleuke isn't necessarily the "best".
There are more expensive and higher quality options out there, such as Risa electric ukes from www.ukulele.de , or the Fluke electric, or custom electric ukes..

However, for that range of price, the Eleuke is indeed the best value and packs a LOT of features.
I also recommend Eleuke. Definitely save up for one. You won't regret it.

I'll second the eleuke suggestion. I've got one of the first generation of eleukes and love it. I really don't think you'll get a solid body for 50 quid though. Semi decent electronics will cost that much by themselves. And really poor and cheap electronics will sound absolutely horrific.

I agree with whas has been said, but if you can't affort the Eleuke, the Stagg may be the only way to go in your price range. It gets halfway decent reviews considering the price.

Top Bottom