Ukulele video awards

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
I think we need to vote on some videos to give them the special recognition they deserve. But we need some categories.

The only one I have in mind right now is for "Catchiest original tune" and my nominee would be "(Don't eat that Mayonnaise) Straight from the Jar" by mctrmt. :bowdown:

But other categories might be:

Best cover
Best instrumental
Best singing in a uke video
etc. etc.

any more ideas? :)

• best original
  • best pet cameo
  • best us of non-musical item as a musical item
  • best collab/duet
  • best editing
  • best bloopers/out-takes
  • best use of profanity
  • best cover of I'm Yours

• best original
  • best pet cameo
  • best us of non-musical item as a musical item
  • best collab/duet
  • best editing
  • best bloopers/out-takes
  • best use of profanity
  • best cover of I'm Yours

I agree with all of these. How about "Most original video concept" or something to that extent. "Funniest video"? "Best showcase of the uke"?

I'm bad at naming awards! :confused:

Add best ukulele review as well.

Is Max (The Ukulele Punk Rocker) eligable for any of these awards or will he simply be given the Lifetime Achievement Award he rightly deserves?

Whenever I'm feeling down I watch his version of WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG and it cheers me up in seconds.

• best use of profanity
  • best cover of Radiohead's "Creep," the album/live version, not the MTV version. This would cover the profanity one as well.

Of course, that's on my future vids list so I could be a bit biased. :rolleyes:

Better watch out with the profanity awards. Is UU a G-rated site?? I would hate for some of you folks to get banned. (Fortunately, my jj's aren't posting here. ;) )

Is Max (The Ukulele Punk Rocker) eligable for any of these awards or will he simply be given the Lifetime Achievement Award he rightly deserves?

He Really should since even if he has less videos up than Sesso, has shown skills with more instruments some of witch in the same song (see Yellow By Max).

No Disrespect to Sesso (I love the guy and I really think he should get a special award for ressourcefullness)

Should this be limited to UU members? I think it would be more fun that way and encourage members to post more vids.

hahahah "best cover of Im Yours"! that song has become almost as much of a default song as "somewhere over the rainbow" lol

Top Bottom