a 6 sting uke?

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anybody know how to tune the 5th and 6th string of a 6 string uke? I'm playing with something... Deciding to make this a 4 string, or a 6 string steel string solid body..

Pardon the bride's new look. She was resting after her Friday house cleaning, and would kill me if she even knew I was recording.. lol

GCCEAA I believe. :confused: With the additional C an octave up or down

Ahh.. Ok.. I'll play with that tuning.. But, I was kinda thinking to tune 4-1 GCEA, and tune 5-6 a couple nice sounding lower notes for some bari, or bass notes when wanting to stategically place them in there.. Wasn't sure if there was a standard, or if it was a free for all.. lol

I could be dead wrong to be honest. You can just play with alternate tunings and see what feels right I guess !

Are strings 5 & 6 coursed ?
If you have 6 different strings like a Guitarlele, then standard tuning would be ADGCEA.
Just like your guitar at the fifth fret.
Strings 4, 5 & 6 would all be below #3 (midle C).

I think this is more what I had in mind.. Thanks..

On a six string uke, the extra C is a octave higher and the extra a is an octave lower...but you can tune how you like and have them in unison too..

On a six string uke, the extra C is a octave higher and the extra a is an octave lower...but you can tune how you like and have them in unison too..

Yes, this is how my Kaneli'a 6 string tuned.

Ahh.. Ok.. I'll play with that tuning.. But, I was kinda thinking to tune 4-1 GCEA, and tune 5-6 a couple nice sounding lower notes for some bari, or bass notes when wanting to stategically place them in there.. Wasn't sure if there was a standard, or if it was a free for all.. lol
My first 6 string, I had one low a and the other normal a with a low g. very unique sound that I liked a lot.

Top Bottom