first act acoustic guitar into a baritone ukulele? Or a six string Uke?

I was going to do one with a First Act, but they are so cheaply made I balked. I was given the guitar, but once I factored in the new tuners (instead of plastic ones I knew would frustrate me), a new nut, a new saddle and strings, the Yamaha seemed pretty unbeat-able.
The guitar is now a birdhouse. Upcycled and enjoyed by a big Jay that lives in my yard :)

You may run into a problem with those 6 strings. A 6 string uke has two of it's strings in pairs, so not only do you need a new nut, but a new or highly modified saddle depending on the saddle design. Lots of nice, inexpensive baritones on Ebay. I picked up a drop-dead gorgeous, solid mahogany Koloa in our Marketplace for $125 with case.

Aloha Coleton33 music,
Would be a whole lot easier, faster and better if you bought a 6 string Oscar Schmidt for 89.00 and way cheaper too...and you get the strings too....lol

Thanks for all the replies!

Well, I wanted to make one because I've been making ukuleles for the past month. I will probably make a new nut with wood, Like I have before... It makes it louder than a normal uke.

Top Bottom