I think I made a Uke convert

D

dhoenisch

Hey all...

I was at Sam Ash music today auditioning some tenor ukes today (and I think I settled on the Lanikai S-T, though am still thinking about it), and a lady came in with her two boys. I was strumming a few songs, singing them in my head, and the lady came up to ask me if what I was playing was a uke. Well, to make a long story short, after talking to her and showing her how to play a couple of chords, she thanked me and said that she is going to think long and hard about purchasing a uke and tuner. She was buying her older boy a guitar, so she couldn't get both, but I heard her tell the salesman that she wanted to come back and try out a couple of ukes real soon. Anyhow, she seemed like she left the store with a bigger smile than when she came in, and it sounds like she is definitely buying one soon. I just hope she doesn't take the one I have picked out in case I go back for it in a couple of days (it was the only one in stock).

Dan

Your strumming must've sounded nice to intrigue her. While all of us love the ukulele as an instrument, many people still think of the ukulele as a toy. I love it every time I hear one more person is thinking of the uke as an instrument rather than a novelty. I'm sure it felt great for you to reveal the "secret" to that woman. Nice work, Dan!

I think uke is the only instrument that makes people smile before you even play it!

Top Bottom