Just back from Summer NAMM 2011 Nashville TN

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Had a great time and took loads of pics popping up on the FB. Big Island Hawaiian mango series..stunner and grabbed a few. Walnut banjolele from Eddy Finn, Custom LoPrinzi models, even a bass, French Co Lag in the uke business, Martins new models, Kiwaya's new gorgeous eco koa with even more great looks,Kiwaya curly koa models too! Kalas new solid top acacia series and solid bodied import bass etc!https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150324357207150&set=pu.255643082149&type=1&theater

Wow - you are killing me! But... seeing the Barnkickers tomorrow night MIGHT make up for it a little bit.

Some nice stuff. What was new from Martin? Also, there had been talk of some new models from Ohana but I noticed they weren't listed as being at NAMM. What's the word on their new stuff?

So tell us about the Kiwayas... :)
Well they have some really choice models for the eco and the regular koa line. Love the 12 fret concert. New cases coming but no pics yet.

Some nice stuff. What was new from Martin? Also, there had been talk of some new models from Ohana but I noticed they weren't listed as being at NAMM. What's the word on their new stuff?
Ohana wasn't there but I'll have some pics for a new color series thats a lam mahogany around $55.00 and a new color for the 15 model.
Martin had their Style2 series in sopr,con and tenor all great along with the koa series I tried in con and tenor. Those are made in USA.

I came this close to going on the Saturday "normal people get to go" day.

(Confession: I really wanted to go in order to play one of the Roland digital accordions. When I saw that Roland only had a 20' x 20' booth this time out, I figured they were only showing a few select pieces of gear--accordions not being among them. That's why I didn't wind up coughing up the $20 to go...)

JJ

I'd love to have been there. Maybe next year.

Ohana will have some new models between now and the end of the year.

What did you think of the new Martins? I tried them at Frankfurt.

Sorry - don't have Facebook. Would love to see some pics. Is it possible to post some here on the UU.

I liked the Martins a lot. I will say though that the Ohana 38 seems like an even bigger bargain when you compare the the price of the new Martin 2. I know it's not a 2 but still:) I'll get some pics over here for non FB.
I'd love to have been there. Maybe next year.

Ohana will have some new models between now and the end of the year.

What did you think of the new Martins? I tried them at Frankfurt.

Top Bottom