• Pono (3).JPG
    Pono (3).JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Pono (4).jpg
    Pono (4).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Pono (5).jpgPono (6).jpgPono Bridge.JPG

I have shown a pic of the bridge with the saddle. Again, this is the only Pono I have so I don't know if this is normal but comparing to my Koaloha which is 90*. Thanks for looking.

You can push the saddle back to 90*.

The saddles Pono's use, have a slightly narrower thickness than the bridge slots which make the saddle move forward a little when the strings are first put under tension.

Last edited:
Haha...you are right...the second saddle I received from Koalau is the same width. I'm not sure why they make it that way but like I said, doesn't affect how it plays and sounds good. OK guys, this is normal for Koalau. Learn something new every day.

Last edited:
I have this same Pono model, and it has a great sound with Worth browns. The pick up sounds better than my Koalohas with MI-Si pickup (more balanced).

Good luck with this sale!

I have this same Pono model, and it has a great sound with Worth browns. The pick up sounds better than my Koalohas with MI-Si pickup (more balanced).

I agree that it sounds much better w/ Worth Browns. The reason I'm selling is that my bro-in-law liked the Pono but he's an Aquila fan. So reluctantly, I sold it to him and bought a Koaloha Concert and he liked that even more so he wanted that one! It's hard to say no to family. lol

I've decided that I wanted a "K" or other top shelf brand so I bought a used Kamaka Concert. I've only played with it plugged in when I first got it and sounded good but I don't plug it in as I don't play in front of anyone...at least not yet.

I have the MCD-E and it came with Worth Clears from previous owner....not real happy with them. Maybe the browns will bring out the rich "mahogany" sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom