Vineyard Ukulele

Howlie Boy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard of or is playin a vineyard ukulele. Oround my area ukuleles arent a big item and kinda hard to find. the local sam ash and guitar center has a few and the other ma and pa shops have some. but not a real big selection to choose from. I found one that sounded nice, it was a vineyard zebra wood concert. just wondeing about the long term quality.

thanx much,
Howlie boy

havn't heard of them before, but looking at pics of them on google, they look nice.

I've seen one

I saw one at the guitar store down the street. They had a few. They had a triangle shaped one that sounded awful. A mahogany laminate that sounded nice until I picked up the Koa Laminate next to it which sounded much louder and nice. It was $249, but in Maine I haven't found anything to really compare it to. I liked it, but I'm think I'm looking for a solid wood uke. but I have yet to find one around here.

Howlie, hey I'm in Lakewood too. I've seen some of those vineyard ukes. Seen it at Morey's music actually, on woodruff and del amo. From what I got from the salesman is that they are made in china. Didn't get a chance to try it out. But I don't expect too much from them, I only saw concert or soprano sizes. You should check out AlleyKat music. It's in Cypress, right across Cypress college. Went their today to pick up some strings. They had a couple of kamakas in assorted sizes. As well as some lanikai's and pono's. I strummed a spruce tenor pono, I was really impressed with it. It had really good sound. I'm looking for a tenor to string Low G, and I might have to get it. It was selling for $439. You might want to check out Island Bazaar in huntington beach, I heard about it from ukuleleplaya on here, but I never personally checked it out.

In Lakewood too...

Howlie, hey I'm in Lakewood too. I've seen some of those vineyard ukes. Seen it at Morey's music actually, on woodruff and del amo. From what I got from the salesman is that they are made in china. Didn't get a chance to try it out. But I don't expect too much from them, I only saw concert or soprano sizes. You should check out AlleyKat music. It's in Cypress, right across Cypress college. Went their today to pick up some strings. They had a couple of kamakas in assorted sizes. As well as some lanikai's and pono's. I strummed a spruce tenor pono, I was really impressed with it. It had really good sound. I'm looking for a tenor to string Low G, and I might have to get it. It was selling for $439. You might want to check out Island Bazaar in huntington beach, I heard about it from ukuleleplaya on here, but I never personally checked it out.

Thats were i saw them were at morey's music. i talked to the guy and he said they have some lanakai's on shippment and should be in in about a week. i think thats what im going to wait for. :confused:

Were you at in lakewood, Oh and thatnks for the alley cats place i think ill check them out this weekend.

For what it's worth, the information that I've gathered suggests that Vineyard, Ohana, and Bushman ukes are one and the same. They come from the same assembly lines. They're just badged differently.

Sorry for the multi post, didnt read this comments. The guy at the music shop told me that they were the same as another bigger company but he couldnt remember the name. he said it would be like Gmc and chevy (car companies) they are the same company but work under different budgets.

-Josh

For what it's worth, the information that I've gathered suggests that Vineyard, Ohana, and Bushman ukes are one and the same. They come from the same assembly lines. They're just badged differently.

When we click on the link, we get this message: It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

We were hoping that you could just copy and paste the information here.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of or is playin a vineyard ukulele. Oround my area ukuleles arent a big item and kinda hard to find. the local sam ash and guitar center has a few and the other ma and pa shops have some. but not a real big selection to choose from. I found one that sounded nice, it was a vineyard zebra wood concert. just wondeing about the long term quality.

thanx much,
Howlie boy

I have seen Vineyard ukes around here, and I think they are probably fine. I saw an inexpensive Vineyard Zebra wood soprano that sounded very nice. If they are from the same factory as Ohana etc, I would definitely go for it, especially if I could try it out in person. Check for warranty info... I had a problem with bridge glue on a zebra wood uke, but it was fixed under warranty. It is always nice to have a brick and mortar store to deal with returns if necessary.
–Lori

I the entry level triangular one. I think it sounds and plays very well. I bought it at the link below, which is a local brick and mortar store. I think the orange flying vee would be a cool one for the beach. I don't like the tuners though. I bought it to hold me over until my mohogany flea arrived. I think it's louder than the flea. I have not tried the higher end Vineyards. But I woudln't be surprised if they were as good as Ohanas.

http://shop.compassmusicsales.com/NEW-ARRIVALS_c_87.html

Top Bottom