Roland CS-10EM Earphones/Microphone

Nuprin

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to get to visit the Roland US headquarters a couple of months ago for training on their recording gear. Along with the usual swag (t-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, messenger bags, etc.) they also gave everyone a set of CS-10EM earbuds. The cool thing about these is that they have tiny microphones built in to each earbud so they pick up everything that you naturally hear.

So, I decided to mess around with them and record a quick sound sample of my Moore Bettah. The first sample is with the earbuds in my ears, the second sample is with the earbuds in front of the uke. I wanted to compare what I'm hearing with the side sound port to what everyone else hears. It's close but there is a bit of a difference if you listen closely (I couldn't tell much of a difference with my Macbook built-in speakers...had to use headphones).

So, for those interested, the sound samples:

In ear
In front

It should be noted that, whereas my store does sell Roland products, we do not carry these earbuds and I don't get any kickbacks or anything from Roland. Just thought it was a cool product and thought the "in ear" vs. "in front" difference was interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom