Mary Mary Monkees Cover Richard G

Enjoyed it..loved the monkees..thanks for sharing and your wonderful chord song site...MM Stan

Been trying to do this for weeks with video, and cannot sink the tracks- never thought of pulling them out to audacity to sink them, and then align the video. Thanks for the idea!
Great job here- the fun you were obviously having is contagious.

My next step is using Audacity with video, but....I am restricted to Windows Movie Maker and Audacity won't handle wmv or wma files. My plan is:

Make video with base track recording in Windows MM.
Upload video to private Youtube location
Rip the video sound as an MP3 using free Youtube downloader.
Put MP3 base track into Audacity
Record other tracks and mix, export as MP3
Substitute new audio track for old on the original video
Upload to public Youtube location and delete original video

But I'm sure there is an easier way.......looking for hints!!

Love it. your band is HOT!
Don

My next step is using Audacity with video, but....I am restricted to Windows Movie Maker and Audacity won't handle wmv or wma files.
But I'm sure there is an easier way.......looking for hints!!

Not sure why you are restricted to WMM????

I haven't used this utility but it gets good reviews - try AoA Audio Extractor to rip the audio from your video, hopefully to save you one step and hence one opportunity to downgrade the quality of the sound. There are other converters also.

You could try a video editor like VideoPad that allows multiple audio streams and uncoupling of the original audio from the video, however you miss out on the ability to use Audacity to stitch together and mix your audio. I think your approach is sound (pun!) you just need some tools to grab and massage your streams. Have a look at NCH (NFI) software for file conversion/stripping/editing.

Keep us informed please of what you find and what works best for you as this is an area of interest.

I have done some more research and it is easy. Import FFmpeg into Audacity following the instructions at

http://manual.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=FAQ:Installation_and_Plug-Ins#1._Download

This allows you to import wma and wmv audio tracks into Audacity and overdub them to your heart's content.

Once you have the mixed track in Audacity you can export it as an MP3 and then add it to the Movie Maker vid. You have to mute the sountrack that is already on the video so that only the added sound can be heard.

You may also need Lame to work with MP3s. I had already put this into Audacity - instructions are on the same page.

Last edited:
Top Bottom