"Shady Grove"

Aloha Eugene,
wow another hit..I really like all your videos..but somehow this one hits the bones and stands out...Awesome mate...MM Stan

Last edited:
Another great pick on the tune, another great job playing it. And the Mya- that thing just sings...I love the sustain it has- just right

Wow - I don't think I've ever heard that but I'm going to have to learn it. Great song and great job as always.

BTW, have you started using an external microphone or something? The last handful of videos you've done have really sparkled in the audio department - practically feel like I'm sitting with you the way that MM was projecting!

John

Another excellent rendition, Eugene..... actually been listening to this tune a lot lately, on the Garcia/Grisman album of the same name - a really great record, has some truly beautiful mandolin....

You done did it again. Love it!
Don

Great job, Jon. You really know how to make me smile--I have enjoyed this song for years and I have never heard anyone play it better than you. Once again, thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Allen

Top job Eugiene. Need to pull my finger out and learning some tunes I think.

Another great pick on the tune, another great job playing it. And the Mya- that thing just sings...I love the sustain it has- just right

Thanks Dave. It's a lovely uke this one. It's a sycamore concert. Still brand spanking new so I'll be looking for any subtle changes in volume and sustain over the next little while mate. Cheers. :)

Wow - I don't think I've ever heard that but I'm going to have to learn it. Great song and great job as always.

BTW, have you started using an external microphone or something? The last handful of videos you've done have really sparkled in the audio department - practically feel like I'm sitting with you the way that MM was projecting!

John

Hi John, yeah it's a wonderful, wonderful song, full of raw emotion and longing.

I got myself a little Zoom Q3 which definitely has a higher quality audio sound. No external mikes at this point mate...for a Luddite like myself, that's a bridge too far. :eek:

I got myself a little Zoom Q3 which definitely has a higher quality audio sound. No external mikes at this point mate...for a Luddite like myself, that's a bridge too far. :eek:

I'm going to have to check one of those out. I wonder if maybe they're using the same microphone cartridges that they use in their H2 and H4 audio recorders. I've been reasonably happy with the audio quality of the Flip HD I've been using but that Q3 seems to beat it by a pretty large margin. Of course, it could also be the quality of playing involved... :)

John

23skidoo, Don, Allen and Nobby,

thanks so much fellas. I've loved this song for the longest time. Used to play it a lot on the guitar. Just can't beat the simplicity and sweetness of a good 2 chord song. I guess we still sing and play these old time tunes today for a reason. They've sure stood the test of time, eh. :)

Have loved this song for a long time. Thanks for posting. Once again you've shown how it should be played.

hey Joe and Tim, thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the kind words.

Joe, I just want to say thanks so much brother for the encouragment you always give to me. You have no idea just how much that means.

Tim, I'd love to learn how to play clawhammer uke. I have developed my own take on it, but it's nothing like how it should be played. I've been watching some Aaron Keim videos a little bit of late, and I just had a look at your site too mate, it's totally awesome. Love your music. Learning proper clawhammer is something that's next on my list for sure.

Awesome video!

EugeneUkulele, I love your videos. Wonderful playing and singing. I really love this song and made a video after I watched your version of it last week. The playing or singing doesn't come close to comparing to your video, but just wanted you to know you inspired me to make a video. If you are interested, it is here: http://youtu.be/fc_-lFrJ7G0

EugeneUkulele, I love your videos. Wonderful playing and singing. I really love this song and made a video after I watched your version of it last week. The playing or singing doesn't come close to comparing to your video, but just wanted you to know you inspired me to make a video. If you are interested, it is here: http://youtu.be/fc_-lFrJ7G0

Nice job...!

Top Bottom