Canogahana Players in the news

Harold O.

Reaction score
I (loosely) lead a group of casual ukulele players in Los Angeles. We've meet the second and fourth Sunday of each month and were able to get started by using the Regional Get Togethers part of the UU Forum.

We have a couple of things going for us. One is that there are enough ukulele players in the area that we get a few people every time. Next, we have a very friendly venue in the Guitar Merchant. Next...

This past Sunday we had a couple of special visitors:

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_18542965?IADID=Search-www.dailynews.com-www.dailynews.com

Nice article. Boy, that was fast!

–Lori

Very cool, but with the youngest person mentioned in the article as being 51, it kinda makes ukers sound like a bunch of old farts. Not that I'm not one myself, but whatever. :p

I noticed that too. A little bothersome from a promotional point of view. We have a couple of teenagers who join in from time to time, but one has been traveling a lot and the other helps his dad at the dive shop (no summer weekends off). To top that off, a man called after seeing the article and expressed interest in coming out. Says he's been playing since he was 16 --- he's now 80. 51 doesn't seem so old after all.

Top Bottom