Anyone know what Eddie's EV Electric Uketar is?

I had a google around when you posted this thread but couldn't find anything, I wonder if the 'EV' is some manufacturer abbreviation or, more likely, a one-off custom with 'EV' representing the obvious (Eddie Vedder). Who knows, maybe he hacked something together himself?

I thought I knew exactly what you meant, the Tululele, but I looked at my copy of the album and I see that he lists that too, so I'm just as stuck and curious as you are :)

I had a google around when you posted this thread but couldn't find anything, I wonder if the 'EV' is some manufacturer abbreviation or, more likely, a one-off custom with 'EV' representing the obvious (Eddie Vedder). Who knows, maybe he hacked something together himself?

I thought I knew exactly what you meant, the Tululele, but I looked at my copy of the album and I see that he lists that too, so I'm just as stuck and curious as you are :)

Yeah, I did a ton of "googling" and couldn't find anything either. I thought the same, maybe something he made himself?

backtonirvana is right, I have the most recent issue of The Fretboard journal and it's a Tululele, built by Portland, Maine's Joe Eckhaus~ side note he bought a second one for Bruce Springsteen as a birthday gift, good article, you should check it out!

Actually, in the article he mentions that the "EV Electric Uketar" is an old Tele he had that he restrung with only 4 strings and has it tuned like a uke :)

Top Bottom