Bedpan Ukulele

DanielHulbert

Reaction score
A co-workers gave me a vintage bedpan he picked up at an antique store for me to make into an instrument. The end result is functional and also quite loud. Other people have made guitars and banjos out of old bedpans, but this one is uke sized. The oak neck has 15 frets with a tenor scale length. It is tuned like a baritone ukulele (mostly because I had some bari strings laying around). The bridge is a square u-bolt tightened around the neck.

Enjoy; and please rein in the bad puns about how "crappy" it sounds.

So that's the tenor size, huh?

......does it come in a urinal size? :nana:
( aka: a pee-wee size?)

Actually, the bottom is pretty flat. and a lot more sound would "leak" out if you use that as a soundboard
with a wooden bridge on top. Maybe you can cut a hole in the end and work the fretboard up even with the
bottom,....a neck-thru installation if you will. That u-bold is sucking all the sound.

.....intersting "concept". :drool:

Last edited:
A co-workers gave me a vintage bedpan he picked up at an antique store for me to make into an instrument. The end result is functional and also quite loud. Other people have made guitars and banjos out of old bedpans, but this one is uke sized. The oak neck has 15 frets with a tenor scale length. It is tuned like a baritone ukulele (mostly because I had some bari strings laying around). The bridge is a square u-bolt tightened around the neck.

Enjoy; and please rein in the bad puns about how "crappy" it sounds.

OHhhhh, alright, if you insist!

PS: Looks like a "fun" project.

Don't leave that bedpan uke lying around the nursing home.

It's a pissah . ( someone had to say it )

The first bedpan uke is bad enough. Don't make any more.....no one would want to end up with #2 on their hands :rolleyes:

Top Bottom