How long...

tad

Reaction score
...after you buy an instrument on ebay (from someone other than the scary-quick MGM) before you start getting frustrated at their not shipping it?

I'm going on eleven days since purchase, and it doesn't seem to have shipped. Am I being impatient, or is that getting to the point of "taking a long time"?

Personally, I ship the first business day after I get payment. I understand larger businesses may take an extra day or two. But after 11 days - I would contact the seller and ask for the tracking number or else you will contact eBay with a claim within 24 hours. Eleven days is excessive.

Personally, I ship the first business day after I get payment. I understand larger businesses may take an extra day or two. But after 11 days - I would contact the seller and ask for the tracking number or else you will contact eBay with a claim within 24 hours. Eleven days is excessive.

agreed -- if you dont at least have tracking info at this point, this is suspicious. I sell on ebay as well, I try to ship next day, but some items that I sell are difficult to package and take an extra day. If for whatever reason I am unable to ship the next day, it's an easy thing to notify the buyer and keep them updated. Double check the terms of the auction and as ichadwick recommended give the seller 24 hours to provide USEFUL and VERIFIABLE response. Then dump it in the hands of ebay/paypal. Were it me, I would have dropped the 24hr deadline if I had not received any info after the 3rd business day, but thats just my standard practice.

Good luck!

Update...

I called the guy-- he had his number on his ebay site...

I hadn't even thought about the fact that he was in Florida. Apparently where the dude was, they got hit by the hurricane twice.

Now I feel like a little bit of a jerk, but he told me the order should be to me by Monday or Tuesday... so at least now I know when to start bitching and moaning.

i would give it 2 weeks.

I called the guy-- he had his number on his ebay site...

I hadn't even thought about the fact that he was in Florida. Apparently where the dude was, they got hit by the hurricane twice.

Now I feel like a little bit of a jerk, but he told me the order should be to me by Monday or Tuesday... so at least now I know when to start bitching and moaning.

The storm hit Florida 5 days ago. What about the previous 6 days??? Your uke should have been shipped long before the storm. Stay in touch with him. It's a little fishy to me. Do try to get a tracking number.

The storm hit Florida 5 days ago. What about the previous 6 days??? Your uke should have been shipped long before the storm. Stay in touch with him. It's a little fishy to me. Do try to get a tracking number.

That's kind of what I was thinking too, and it wasn't a hurricane, it was a tropical storm.

Heck, Deach got a new ukulele delivered while he was hanging out in Florida during Tropical Storm Fay!

technically if they dont state it I think ebay gives sellers 2 weeks to ship....however many companies list items they do have in stock or drop ship and wait until they get paid and then order or get the item to keep inventory cost low although this is prohibited by ebay...I just ordered some bubble envelopes i needed from a ebay item paid the normal rate for free shipping by snail mail and left the other unpaid and emailed them i wanted that one shipped priority but they didnt get back to me so i paid infull for snail mail on that ione and ordered others by express from someone else. 11 days later i get a email paypal bill for prioirty shipping as they just shipped it out and I emailed them that defeated the whole purpose so why should i pay for it....we will see what they say

You better relax on that "snail mail" comments, or else. . .
Brah, you work for USPS or what? Just curious, I'm at the P&DC in Sac.

Top Bottom