Bolt-on neck joint question?

ZombieSaint

Reaction score
Okay, so I want to give this neck connection method a test on a grizzly kit I got for Christmas last year.

The question is this. Do you glue and bolt these joints or is just the bolt enough?

Okay, so I want to give this neck connection method a test on a grizzly kit I got for Christmas last year.

The question is this. Do you glue and bolt these joints or is just the bolt enough?

when I did my grizzly kit (The one I set on fire at UWC) I just glued it on, but....if you do bolt on the neck then glue it also. the bolt is just another connection beyond the glue and some swear that it adds to tone since you are getting a better/more solid connection to the body.
IMHO that is.

Yes, just a bolt would be enough. But, if you go that route, I would glue down the fretboard so it doesn't buzz.

Okay, so thanks to those who answered. Last night I attached the neck using threaded inserts from Grizzly. Everything went pretty well. I did my drilling kind of freestyle and I'm not sure the insert hole was exactly 90 degrees from the body. However, when I tightened the bolt down, the neck went flush to the body and every thing seems to be straight. I have to say, I like this bolting-on stuff so far.

Top Bottom