Practise Session!

joeybug

Reaction score
Hey Everyone :D

So, I got my copy of "Ukulele For Dummies" and I've been reading it for a few weeks now, anyway, I came across a technique in Chapter 16 with the tabs and chords for Brahm's Lullaby. I wanted to show people so I did a "practise session" video. I know it's very rough, but this is pretty much the first time I've combined chords and fingerpicking (though I need to learn how to make them go together as one track for a song I'm doing for my SO)

Anyway, here's the video:

Let me know what you think :D

Joey :music:

Hey, Joey -

What is your overall impression of Ukulele for Dummies? Does it have a lot of useful tutorials? Is it geared more for getting people up and strumming, or is there a lot of content designed for those who are already a bit past the true beginner stage to continue to develop more technique & skills? Are there a lot of exercises and practice routines?

PS: Nice vid!

Thanks for being braver than I am by practicing in cyberspace! What do you think of the book? Do you recommend it? Do you think it would be appropriate for an 11 year old? (I'm thinking of buying one for my older nephew.) Thanks in advance for any thoughts you'd like to share.

By the way, Amazon.com (US) says the book is to be released on August 23. Was it released earlier in the UK?

Last edited:
Hey, Joey -

What is your overall impression of Ukulele for Dummies? Does it have a lot of useful tutorials? Is it geared more for getting people up and strumming, or is there a lot of content designed for those who are already a bit past the true beginner stage to continue to develop more technique & skills? Are there a lot of exercises and practice routines?

PS: Nice vid!

Thanks for being braver than I am by practicing in cyberspace! What do you think of the book? Do you recommend it? Do you think it would be appropriate for an 11 year old? (I'm thinking of buying one for my older nephew.) Thanks in advance for any thoughts you'd like to share.

By the way, Amazon.com (US) says the book is to be released on August 23. Was it released earlier in the UK?

Yes, the UK version was released this month, or late in June, I forget. I do recommend it for a beginner, like I said haven't read all of it yet, but some of it is way past my level and I'm just above a beginner so, I would say it was worth it for other people, some of it is just basic stuff, other parts have a lot of tutorials and different styles and such :D

Hope that helps

Joey :music:

Top Bottom