WTB: Moore Bettah Tenor Ukulele With Slotted Headstock, Concert Considered Also

joejeweler

Reaction score
I've been looking daily on Chucks site, and at the dealers he
has previously stocked for about a month now, and nothing has
turned up. His build list has been closed also, and seems likely
to remain that way for awhile.

I'm sure the dealers he's supplying are keeping him up at night!
Not from work, mind you....he's on full solar power,.....pretty cool!

......but wondering how just two hands are going to get dozens of ukes
finished! :drool:

.....So,...if someone has a Moore Bettah Tenor that's not getting any
playing time, or you just want to raise some cash, give me a heads up.
I'm not looking to resell this, strickly personal use,.....so you'll get top
dollar.

I'd prefer a slotted headstock, but will seriously consider any MB Tenor
offered. (high or low G setup)

A Concert size uke will also be considered, where a solid peghead is
the only way i've seen them come from Chuck's shop. I don't own a
nice concert uke yet anyway, and that might show up first as a lot of
players seem to accumulate concert ukes.

I'm really enjoying my Moore Bettah Mermaid Soprano, but she needs
a bigger brother.

Pics appreciated.........

cheers,
Joe T

email at: joejeweler@yahoo.com

Last edited:
I can't imagine too many people who have an MB want to sell it. Good luck with your search!

Hey Joe,
You are not the only one, I've been waiting for a real long time....you should see the price at the store...

I can't imagine too many people who have an MB want to sell it. Good luck with your search!

I second that.

Mine is not for sale.

Of the custom uke makers, I would say that Moore Bettahs and Glyphs are probably the least re-sold. Good luck, but be ready to wait a long time!

Of the custom uke makers, I would say that Moore Bettahs and Glyphs are probably the least re-sold. Good luck, but be ready to wait a long time!

I can't imagine how scarce Moore Bettah ukes would be if Chuck stopped making them.

Hey Joe,
You are not the only one, I've been waiting for a real long time....you should see the price at the store...

WHAT STORE???? I can't find ANY at any store! My soprano was $2,200.00 2 years ago, certainly a chunk of change. But his tenors aren't multiple of that. I remember one tenor (back when i bought my soprano) was around $2,700.00

But compared to a custom guitar ,.....and with all of Chuck's usual appointments, still a bargain imo.

I suspect they won't be getting any cheaper. Supply (or lack thereof) and demand can really suck sometimes.

I have one. How much are you willing to pay? :)

Sure.......such a tease!!! lol

Last edited:
WHAT STORE???? I can't find ANY at any store! My soprano was $2,200.00 2 years ago, certainly a chunk of change. But his tenors aren't multiple of that. I remember one tenor (back when i bought my soprano) was around $2,700.00

But compared to a custom guitar ,.....and with all of Chuck's usual appointments, still a bargain imo.

I suspect they won't be getting any cheaper. Supply (or lack thereof) and demand can really suck sometimes.

Yup, exactly why the prices will only go up! The master grade koa he uses is getting harder to find too. If you knew the prices some of Chuck's ukes have gone for recently, you'd know what MMStan was referring to in his post. And we are talking multiples of the price of that soprano you bought. :p

He is not allowed to retire until he builds mine.

Are you on the build list?
Sadly, not yet, I still have to decide exactly what I want, but I am pretty close to that point. I have talked to him about it, and I have been to his shop to visit, so it WILL happen...

Yup, exactly why the prices will only go up! The master grade koa he uses is getting harder to find too. If you knew the prices some of Chuck's ukes have gone for recently, you'd know what MMStan was referring to in his post. And we are talking multiples of the price of that soprano you bought. :p

Yeah,.....i don't even want to think about that, but it's reality. Frankly, ukulele players have had a good thing
going regarding value recieved for $'s spent. But then, i've got a lot of custom guitars made over the
years to compare to, and it's not even close.

Yeah,.....i don't even want to think about that, but it's reality. Frankly, ukulele players have had a good thing
going regarding value recieved for $'s spent. But then, i've got a lot of custom guitars made over the
years to compare to, and it's not even close.

I just get so disappointed when shops exploit the prices of ukuleles...almost like scalpers.... hurts us and the builders...sheesh...buy direct from the builder..

Top Bottom