String Swing hangers

guitharsis

Reaction score
Have a couple of Swing String wooden back guitar hangers that I wanted to replace with ukulele hangers. Waited until a workman was doing some other work at my home and asked him to do the work for me. Found out that the hanger parts are interchangeable! Makes perfect sense they would design them that way. An easy change over. Anyway thought I would post this for any of you who are as technically challenged as I am. :)

Swing String is a brand. Keep in mind that while the hanger parts are interchangeable, the wooden block for the ukes is a bit smaller. I would have no problem hanging my uke off the guitar block, but the guitar might be too heavy for the uke block. Especially because most people dont bother with anchors when hanging ukes.

Swing String is a brand. Keep in mind that while the hanger parts are interchangeable, the wooden block for the ukes is a bit smaller. I would have no problem hanging my uke off the guitar block, but the guitar might be too heavy for the uke block. Especially because most people don't bother with anchors when hanging ukes.

I've purchased both guitar and uke String Swings recently and they both have the same size block. +1 for the anchor issue though! I don't use anchors for ukes so I wouldn't hang a guitar from the same hanger, even if I swapped out the hanger. I found that some of my larger ukes - 2 baris and a DVI - need the guitar sized hanger so I just swapped the hanger and not the block. Fortunately these aren't much heavier than any other uke or I'd have to put the hangers in. I do love the String Swings!

Has anyone used the String Swing microphone stand uke holder? Thinking about a couple....

-Kurt

One caution regarding the string swing hangars. I have several for my guitars and the rubber on them deteriorates a little with age and when it does it can become gummy enough to stick to some finishes if the guitar is allowed to hang for a few weeks. Had one fuse pretty permanently to one heavy electric guitar with a painted finish. It discolored the white finish and even lifted a little of the finish.

I still use them but on my really nice guitars I put a "sleeve" of old T-shirt around the rubber before hanging the guitar in it.

One caution regarding the string swing hangars. I have several for my guitars and the rubber on them deteriorates a little with age and when it does it can become gummy enough to stick to some finishes if the guitar is allowed to hang for a few weeks. Had one fuse pretty permanently to one heavy electric guitar with a painted finish. It discolored the white finish and even lifted a little of the finish.

I still use them but on my really nice guitars I put a "sleeve" of old T-shirt around the rubber before hanging the guitar in it.

Excellent idea - maybe I'll put an old sock over each one. I certainly wondered about that foam rubber stuff. Sorry about your guitars but thanks for passing on the hard-earned wisdom!

Top Bottom