Barnkickers ukulele workshop & house concert makes the paper!

bassfiddlesteve

Reaction score
On the way back from NAMM my daughter and I presented a ukulele workshop and house concert in Marietta, GA which was organized by Uke Republic and subsequently featured in the local paper. Here is a link to the article: link and a scan of the paper showing the pictures: link

The paper even quoted my ukulele joke :)

- Steve

It was a good show. You and your daughter have a magical connection. I think I teared up once (having a new baby girl makes one sentimental).

It was a good show. You and your daughter have a magical connection. I think I teared up once (having a new baby girl makes one sentimental).

Agreed! That special connection makes the show more awesomer! Thanks for the show Steve.

Agreed! That special connection makes the show more awesomer! Thanks for the show Steve.

Yes, a good time was had by all! We even welcomed the rain that came at the end to cool us off from all the hot uke riffs that Amanda & Steve perform.

Steve even did a workshop featuring the Nashville Numbering system AND the Circle of Fifths. (not that those of us theory-challenged uker's managed to understand it!).

(the scanned photo of the black uke w/the "Uke can Change the world" sticker is the back of my Kala Mighty Uke that now sports signatures from Amanda & Steve!)

It was a great show and great CDs. The Barnkickers have a great CD out with another on the way plus Steve is also involved with the Square pegs round holes CD
An original song by The Barnkickers is the title track of this compilation CD which was produced by Steve Boisen and benefits the American Asperger's Association, a non-profit organization that provides treatment for children with autistic spectrum disorder. The 16 artists are all well-known in the uke community and cover a wide range of genres. Great music for a great cause!

I was there and can verify that the Barnkickers put on a fantastic show!

Aloha Steve,
You and your daughter deserve all and more..I have been a fan for over 3 years easy.."one less tear" is always my favorite...Mahalo Nui for sharing..enjoy the barnkickers rag too...was that
you or your daughter playing the ukulele...MM Stan

Aloha Steve,
You and your daughter deserve all and more..I have been a fan for over 3 years easy.."one less tear" is always my favorite...Mahalo Nui for sharing..enjoy the barnkickers rag too...was that
you or your daughter playing the ukulele...MM Stan

Thanks Stan. That's me playing the ukulele on Barnkicker Rag. I also played acoustic guitar and upright bass on that track too.

- Steve

Top Bottom