"You've Got A Friend" uke cover

DAPuke

Reaction score
Sorry for the low volume uke playing. I think I was self conscious about my playing so I was so soft you can't hear the mistakes very well, my big mouth is too loud. I wanted to demonstrate the travis picking pattern I've been working on. I know ya'll don't care about the mistakes so I figured "just post it". be as critical as you like I can take it. If I waited to post until my playing is where I want it to be. I'd never post anything. Blah, Blah, Blah...here it is:

Self conscious? Man, that's great! You move back and forth between the picking and the strum really well, the picking is nice and even, and your voice is wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed it, keep em coming....

Self conscious? Man, that's great! You move back and forth between the picking and the strum really well, the picking is nice and even, and your voice is wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed it, keep em coming....
Hey thanks 23skidoo for the encouragement. I need to get into a routine of rehearsing in front of the cam. That's what this was. It made me realize I need to buck up and play loud and proud and heck with the mistakes. Your playing is so clear and strong, that's my goal. Thanks,
Don

Very great! You sang and played wonderfully!

Was hoping you'd throw this one on here- great playing...and I tell ya, man can you sing. Patiently awaiting more.
Come on up to Clover-dale- I will help you learn to play way to loud and hard with lots of mistakes (and completely wreck what what you got going) :) Excellent job here

I'm certainly not in a position to be critical, but I'd just say don't apologize. Very well done, both playing and singing.

I agree with all that's been said. Well played and well sung. I didn't notice mistakes. I can strum and I'm working on picking, but I have a hard time moving from one to the other. Again, well done.

Good job! Lordy! How I wish I could sing! I love all the JT and Carol King songs!

Was hoping you'd throw this one on here- great playing...and I tell ya, man can you sing. Patiently awaiting more.
Come on up to Clover-dale- I will help you learn to play way to loud and hard with lots of mistakes (and completely wreck what what you got going) :) Excellent job here
TCK, I would love to come to Cloverdale. I know you're joking, and I know I can learn alot from you, you are many time the player I am.
Thanks for the comment,
Don

I'm certainly not in a position to be critical, but I'd just say don't apologize. Very well done, both playing and singing.
Thanks Doug, I appreciate your comments. I'm hoping some of your smooth style will rub off on me when I'm hanging out on your channel.
Don

Good job! Lordy! How I wish I could sing! I love all the JT and Carol King songs!
Thanks Craig, I I love those songs too, I'd do many more if I could play like you. Sometimes it seems there is so much to learn my head spins. Thanks for listening and commenting.
Don

I agree with all that's been said. Well played and well sung. I didn't notice mistakes. I can strum and I'm working on picking, but I have a hard time moving from one to the other. Again, well done.
Thanks joep,
I'll redo this and play a little louder, the mistakes will ring out:) Switching from the picking pattern to strumming has taken a little work, the key is having the picking pattern down. every song I learn at some point, I try to pick the whole thing. I like to call the picking pattern a "chord checker" if I'm not holding the chord just right I can tell when picking each string, better than when I'm just strumming. Thanks for listening and your kind comments,
Don

Holy Smokes....that was wonderful! Your playing is growing by leaps and bounds and, as always, your vocals sound great! Nice Job!

Last edited:
Holy Smokes....that was wonderful! Your playing is growing by leaps and bounds and, as always, your vocals sound great! Nice Job!
Thanks Ryan, I appreciate it. I love your signature, especially since I've played many of them, It's always a treat to jam with you, see you soon:)
Don

I'll have to get the Singing Treholipee out next time you come over!

As a semi-immortal bard said - "publish and be damned"
As a semi-literate yorkshireman said ( me ) -"there's nowt wrong with your film me awld lad"

As a semi-immortal bard said - "publish and be damned"
As a semi-literate yorkshireman said ( me ) -"there's nowt wrong with your film me awld lad"
Thank you Ted4
your comment is much appreciated thanks for checking out. yorkshiremen rule!
Don

A fine job, great singing, good playing. Please post more.
Thanks alot Bruce I mean to get more posted. Thanks for taking the lead on posting the reh vids. That's why I posted this.
If I only had Rexthewonderdog meandering around...Don

Top Bottom