PDA

View Full Version : "You've Got A Friend" uke cover

DAPuke
07-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Sorry for the low volume uke playing. I think I was self conscious about my playing so I was so soft you can't hear the mistakes very well, my big mouth is too loud. I wanted to demonstrate the travis picking pattern I've been working on. I know ya'll don't care about the mistakes so I figured "just post it". be as critical as you like I can take it. If I waited to post until my playing is where I want it to be. I'd never post anything. Blah, Blah, Blah...here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0kwG7N6cQ

23skidoo
07-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Self conscious? Man, that's great! You move back and forth between the picking and the strum really well, the picking is nice and even, and your voice is wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed it, keep em coming....

DAPuke
07-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Self conscious? Man, that's great! You move back and forth between the picking and the strum really well, the picking is nice and even, and your voice is wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed it, keep em coming....Hey thanks 23skidoo for the encouragement. I need to get into a routine of rehearsing in front of the cam. That's what this was. It made me realize I need to buck up and play loud and proud and heck with the mistakes. Your playing is so clear and strong, that's my goal. Thanks,
Don

Rzr
07-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Very great! You sang and played wonderfully!

DAPuke
07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Very great! You sang and played wonderfully!Hi Rzr, Thanks for giving a listen and the kind words.
Don

TCK
07-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Was hoping you'd throw this one on here- great playing...and I tell ya, man can you sing. Patiently awaiting more.
Come on up to Clover-dale- I will help you learn to play way to loud and hard with lots of mistakes (and completely wreck what what you got going) :) Excellent job here

Dougf
07-27-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm certainly not in a position to be critical, but I'd just say don't apologize. Very well done, both playing and singing.

joep
07-27-2011, 04:18 PM
I agree with all that's been said. Well played and well sung. I didn't notice mistakes. I can strum and I'm working on picking, but I have a hard time moving from one to the other. Again, well done.

Craig
07-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Good job! Lordy! How I wish I could sing! I love all the JT and Carol King songs!

DAPuke
07-28-2011, 03:37 AM
Was hoping you'd throw this one on here- great playing...and I tell ya, man can you sing. Patiently awaiting more.
Come on up to Clover-dale- I will help you learn to play way to loud and hard with lots of mistakes (and completely wreck what what you got going) :) Excellent job hereTCK, I would love to come to Cloverdale. I know you're joking, and I know I can learn alot from you, you are many time the player I am.
Thanks for the comment,
Don

DAPuke
07-28-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm certainly not in a position to be critical, but I'd just say don't apologize. Very well done, both playing and singing.Thanks Doug, I appreciate your comments. I'm hoping some of your smooth style will rub off on me when I'm hanging out on your channel.
Don

DAPuke
07-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Good job! Lordy! How I wish I could sing! I love all the JT and Carol King songs!Thanks Craig, I I love those songs too, I'd do many more if I could play like you. Sometimes it seems there is so much to learn my head spins. Thanks for listening and commenting.
Don

DAPuke
07-28-2011, 03:57 AM
I agree with all that's been said. Well played and well sung. I didn't notice mistakes. I can strum and I'm working on picking, but I have a hard time moving from one to the other. Again, well done.Thanks joep,
I'll redo this and play a little louder, the mistakes will ring out:) Switching from the picking pattern to strumming has taken a little work, the key is having the picking pattern down. every song I learn at some point, I try to pick the whole thing. I like to call the picking pattern a "chord checker" if I'm not holding the chord just right I can tell when picking each string, better than when I'm just strumming. Thanks for listening and your kind comments,
Don

RyanMFT
07-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Holy Smokes....that was wonderful! Your playing is growing by leaps and bounds and, as always, your vocals sound great! Nice Job!

DAPuke
07-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Holy Smokes....that was wonderful! Your playing is growing by leaps and bounds and, as always, your vocals sound great! Nice Job!Thanks Ryan, I appreciate it. I love your signature, especially since I've played many of them, It's always a treat to jam with you, see you soon:)
Don

RyanMFT
07-28-2011, 10:02 AM
I'll have to get the Singing Treholipee out next time you come over!

Ted4
07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
As a semi-immortal bard said - "publish and be damned"
As a semi-literate yorkshireman said ( me ) -"there's nowt wrong with your film me awld lad"

brucemoffatt
07-28-2011, 12:23 PM
A fine job, great singing, good playing. Please post more.

DAPuke
07-28-2011, 12:58 PM
As a semi-immortal bard said - "publish and be damned"
As a semi-literate yorkshireman said ( me ) -"there's nowt wrong with your film me awld lad"Thank you Ted4
your comment is much appreciated thanks for checking out. yorkshiremen rule!
Don

DAPuke
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
A fine job, great singing, good playing. Please post more.Thanks alot Bruce I mean to get more posted. Thanks for taking the lead on posting the reh vids. That's why I posted this.
If I only had Rexthewonderdog meandering around...Don