Two "dislikes" on youtube, both from my own kids!

Dougf

Reaction score
So my son says to me, "Hey pops, just wanted to let you know, that 'dislike' on your latest youtube song is from me."

Then I get another 'dislike'. Come to find out, it's from my daughter!

So I asked them, "what's up with that?"

They both said they actually liked the song, they just didn't like the brief segment in the video where you can see my naked backside. It's really low resolution footage, and it's not like they've never seen it before. Geez!

Here's the video in question, and don't say I didn't warn you. :)

Few folks enjoy parental nudity in any form. It was nice for them to tell you they're the "dislike"ers. Who wants to wonder about that?

Another nice tune, Doug, thanks for sharing!

(And I'm jealous of your naked butt hopping in that swimming hole.)

Few folks enjoy parental nudity in any form. It was nice for them to tell you they're the "dislike"ers. Who wants to wonder about that?

Another nice tune, Doug, thanks for sharing!

(And I'm jealous of your naked butt hopping in that swimming hole.)

Thanks, yeah, nothing like a skinny dip out in nature :).

Boy, I guess you're sure right about that parental nudity thing. We all had a pretty good laugh about it, though.

Great vid Doug. Looks like paradise, sounds like paradise too.
Don

I gave you a "like" just because I could. Nice buns, BTW. :p

Thanks for the "like". I didn't think I was self conscious, but now I'm not so sure. ;)

As my mom would remind me almost weekly "I brought you into this world, I can take you out"

That's right, especially when they've been conspiring against me!

Did you put hot sauce on that watermelon?

Yes, I came up with that idea about a month ago, and then it sort of inspired this song. Here's a post I made to the General Discussion forum about it:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?49532-spicy-watermelon

Great vid Doug. Looks like paradise, sounds like paradise too.
Don

Thanks Don. It was my first attempt at video splicing, but it was fun shooting on location, so to speak.

perhaps the dislike was not so much because of their parents nudity as it was for the nudity being displayed world wide on the internet? lol

perhaps the dislike was not so much because of their parents nudity as it was for the nudity being displayed world wide on the internet? lol

That certainly may be part of it. They both said to me, "you can't put stuff like that on youtube." lol, seriously?

So I figured out how to use captions in YouTube to hide the offending segment (less than 3 seconds worth), still waiting to hear if it will get the seal of approval from my kids. The caption starts around 0:45, same link as before.

Maybe I should take a poll: do I go with the caption, or leave it "au naturel"?

Top Bottom