Jake Shimabukuro - Live Performance

humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you have seen Jake Shimabukuro perform live. What are your thoughts on his live performance? My wife and I will be attending his show at Anthology in San Diego in November, and we're really looking forward to it. :cool:

We saw him earlier in the year in San Francisco and really enjoyed the show. He's very comfortable on stage and interacts well with the audience which we appreciated. Of course the music was fantastic (I hardly need to say that, right?) but some of his songs do sound much like others in his repertoire. The super loud (and long) fan-strum seems to show up in each of his pieces so I could do without the repetition of that, but overall we had a great time. Definitely worth seeing.

I saw him in March 2010 at Yoshi's in San Francisco, a relatively small venue. His performance was energetic (his strumming hand kept getting blurry while he was playing) and he definitely looked like he was having a lot of fun while he played. The performance I saw was a little short (about an hour), but he did play what he called his working version of "Bohemian Rhapsody." He hung out in the lobby after his performance meeting people and signing autographs until everyone who wanted to meet him had done so, and he was really nice. Let us know how his November show in SD is.

Top Bottom