Okay, don't laugh, but I'm really celebrating this little victory!

Reaction score
This past week I've successfully landed a good sounding Bflat from several different places! I am over the moon with this development! It opens so many songs that I've been wanting to try. Yipppeee!!

Now, if only I could really chunk!

Congratulations! There are tons of great songs in B flat. Have fun!!!!

I couldn't live without B flat---one of the friendliest keys for my voice.

This past week I've successfully landed a good sounding Bflat from several different places! I am over the moon with this development! It opens so many songs that I've been wanting to try. Yipppeee!!

Now, if only I could really chunk!

If you practice enough, one day you'll pick up your uke and you will be "really chunking."

Nice work on your Bb. I know what you mean and I'll celebrate when I can hit mine. And E.... and....

Laughing? Never! I am GREEN with envy!!!!

Thanks for celebrating with me! I thought I'd never get it. It's really hard to trust just slapping those fingers down!

E...well, that one I may never get, lol!

Congratulations. That's probably my slowest chord to get fingered. I need to break the habit of using my index finger to barre all 4 strings when I only need to cover the first 2 strings. Now I'm focusing on getting the pinky, ring fingers down and then slapping my index finger on a split second after.

Keep em barred your gonna run into b6/ b7 and a couple i can't remember off the top a my head then right back to b. lol
Course then another monster comes along lol. Right now its F7 and F#7 for me accckkkk. seems like every song ya like as you move on has a new game of twister lol.
good job on the b flat you will use it all over the neck.

Last edited:
That is not a little victory. That is a *huge* victory! :)

Congratulations!

Congratulations, that is a huge accomplishment...now you can play the key of F which has the Bb...it sounds really nice....and the dreaded E...save that one for later...ha ha...

That's awesome! Im working on that exact same thing... I need more practice =) So happy for you though! I know it'll feel great when I get there! =)

Ugh- the dreaded B-flat...I am hoisting one in your honor. I learned it first, because Tommy Duncan sang in that key, and this is the first tune I have learned on every instrument I have ever picked up (and my life is meaningless without him)...
Good on ya- that is a tough one...
now for the E (ARRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!)

Bb? YAY for you! I've only *just* managed it and I'm coming up on a year, but then again, I avoided it for a while! Now, E? That's another story!

So well done! Congrats! Big accomplishment :D

I must join in with the other congratulatory posts!
Been there and finally done that! (Okay, I'm still working on increasing transition speed and smoothness)
The "bitchy B's and the "impossible E's" were major and most frustrating milestones reached in my learning plan to date. What a great feeling of accomplishment to a beginner! Again, congratulations!

That is not a little victory. That is a *huge* victory! :)

Congratulations!
Yes, and now you have not only Bb but it's a movable shape which is several more chords!
yay.

The best thing I ever did for the Bb shape and E was, and I hate to say this, to learn "Soul Sister".
I couple hours of trying to get that bleddy song down and you WILL have those two shapes down, and, in my experience, will have a whole new ability in chord changes. I don't know why, but after I messed with it, a lot of the other chords that I was having problems with just stopped being hard. I guess it's a whole "Try something REALLY hard and the less difficult stuff will seem easy" thing.

The other song, for the Bb shape and fluidity with it (i.e. moving up and down the fretboard easily and smoothly) was "Dock Of The Bay".

Oh, and if you're barreing the whole thing, don't stop! *grin* I wish I had learned it like that. That way, modulating up a step would be MUCH easier. Check out the CAGE thing. It's a really cool concept and, if you make chords with a full barre, will make your life simpler. (Put in its simplest terms, you can make pretty much any chord (within reason) with the C, A, G and E shapes, with a barre... the E should be D and G should be F, but CAGE is much cooler than CAFD. *grin* i.e. Bb is just an A shape, barred and moved up one fret. D (2225) is the C, up two frets. G (4232) is F up two. When it finally clicked in my head, life became wonderful again and playing songs became MUCH much easier. I still have to practice A LOT to get them all really smooth, but it's SO much better than before!)

Bflat is one that takes some time!! I single this one out
on page 50 of my book 1 ( www.pekelosbooks.com )
Congratulations & keep up the practicing!
pekelo

Top Bottom