I got a KoAloha!!!!

roxhum

Reaction score
Hello All,
I drove from Northern CA (5 hours north of San Francisco) to Southern CA to visit old friends. Along the way I stopped at Ukulele Source in San Jose, McCabes in Santa Monica and Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach. Living in a rural area I am shopping deprived. It was thrilling to get my hands on the Banjolele Firefly and Mainland banjolele, Martins and Kiwaya's, the Hawaii K brands and more. I fell in love with a KoAloha soprano at the Ukulele Source. I LOVED McCabes in Santa Monica and they made me an offer I could not refuse on a second hand 2009 KoAloha concert ukulele. I love the lightness and balance of the KoAloha's. Now I am a proud new owner of a concert KoAloha and I think I just may be done buying and selling ukuleles for awhile. Accept that Kiwaya on the UU marketplace is tempting...

Awesome! Congrats...and BTW....PICTURES??????

Congrats! Happy New Uke Day :D

Would love to see some photos when you've got time :D

Assuming it's the same one I played there about a month ago, you got a GOOD one! Isn't the Ukulele Source experience awesome?

Aloha Roxhum,
Congratulations on your new Ko Aloha....wow you been to all those place...and I see you have tried alot of ukes...wow....You really are getting alot of experience from all of them, mahalo for sharing..
great to know you will be sharing it with all of us here..Happy Strummings and enjoy your new KoAloha..MM Stan

Last edited:
Now that's what I call a road trip!

Congratulations!

I agree that McCabes is pretty cool. Also Island Bazaar is all things ukulele. This is the first time I heard of Ukulele Source.

John

Happy new uke day to you!

Gotta love those KoAloha's. Really liked your description too. Congratulations! ........and pics are not an option! :)

Right on! I got to play a a friends KoAloha concert a while back and it took some time for me to get used to the inferior sound of my own entry level ukes that prior I thought sounded ok. Congratulations!
Don

Right on! I got to play a a friends KoAloha concert a while back and it took some time for me to get used to the inferior sound of my own entry level ukes that prior I thought sounded ok. Congratulations!
Don

Yes that is the danger. Once you get one of those K brands I think there may be no going back....

Congratulations on your new KoAloha!. Yes, pictures, please!

Going to McCabes is on my list of things to do the next time I go to SoCal. I was at Ukulele Source this past weekend looking for a KoAloha tenor, but Ukulele Source was all out and actually has a waiting list for KoAloha tenors. I got to play a KoAloha superconcert, sceptre and pineapple sunday, and they were all sweet. I think I've been bitten by the KoAloha bug.

Congratulations on your new KoAloha!. Yes, pictures, please!

Going to McCabes is on my list of things to do the next time I go to SoCal. I was at Ukulele Source this past weekend looking for a KoAloha tenor, but Ukulele Source was all out and actually has a waiting list for KoAloha tenors. I got to play a KoAloha superconcert, sceptre and pineapple sunday, and they were all sweet. I think I've been bitten by the KoAloha bug.

Oh yes I have been bitten by the KoAloha bug. Some say that Kamaka sounds better, and it very well may but I just love how the KoAloha feels, so light. I can't get my mind of a KoAloha Soprano I tried at Ukulele Source but I can't justify buying it unless I sell my Black Bear or my Kamaka Pineapple and... Repeat after me "I don't need or can I afford anymore ukuleles".

Ukuele Source is sweet where McCabes is very awesome. Bigger, more instruments and activity going on and a funky beach vibe. Do go there when you have a chance. They are also quick to give you a discount.

Top Bottom