High C

CenizaT&K-01

Reaction score
Hey i have a question and please don't think i'm stupid...but when you see C (High) on a song, what does that mean? how do you play it? please answer someone. thanks.

the only stupid question is a question not asked.

or

a question asked without doing a search to see that the same question was asked 50 million times on the same forum. haha.

sorry i dont know the answer. i dont think ive ever seen c high on a song.

got a link to where you saw this? maybe with the context of the actual song someone will be able to answer it better. as we all know, there are several ways to play a C chord on both guitar and uke. maybe that has something to do with it.

If you saw "High C" on a local sheet music website, it probably means play the C chord that looks like this
Code:
GCEA

instead of the 'C' where you just hold the 3rd fret on the bottom string

There is no chord called High C, so its definitely not a technical term. Can you link to where you saw that?

Attachments

• DSC_7959.jpg
    DSC_7959.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5491.jpg
    IMG_5491.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5492.jpg
    IMG_5492.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5493.jpg
    IMG_5493.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5494.jpg
    IMG_5494.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Concert #260 1.jpg
    Concert #260 1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Concert #260 10.jpg
    Concert #260 10.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2
the only stupid question is a question not asked.

or

a question asked without doing a search to see that the same question was asked 50 million times on the same forum. haha.

sorry i dont know the answer. i dont think ive ever seen c high on a song.

got a link to where you saw this? maybe with the context of the actual song someone will be able to answer it better. as we all know, there are several ways to play a C chord on both guitar and uke. maybe that has something to do with it.

true

here is a link of one of the songs i am trying to learn...this is just one of a couple that i have seen with c(high) on it

http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?pid=song&song=lj/sweetes_times.txt

Yup that c(high) means that C chord that like a Bb moved up a step. I used to run a local sheet music website and I remember people submitting things with that.

great thanks! ill try it out.so its 5433 - GCEA

If you saw "High C" on a local sheet music website, it probably means play the C chord that looks like this
Code:
GCEA

instead of the 'C' where you just hold the 3rd fret on the bottom string

There is no chord called High C, so its definitely not a technical term. Can you link to where you saw that?

There's a drink called High C though. =\

Top Bottom