Anyone use Worth ukulele strings?

Ukulele_Junkie

Reaction score
Hey everyone just wondering if anyone uses Worth strings i saw some on ebay for like 14.95 per pack and the seller claims that the strings packed inside are long enough to make 2 sets of strings. but anywayz I just want to know how it's working for you guys.

I'm a big fan of Worth strings. I switched over to Worth from Aquila.

I've tried all the different clear and brown tensions and settled on the Brown Strongs for my ukes. And the seller's telling the truth, the strings are long enough for two sets.

I tried some aquila wounds, i didnt really like it cuz it was distending for more than a week so i assumed something wasnt right, just went back to GHS wounds, tho the aquila sound really good when they arent always losing tune. I'll be sure to try some worths when i have the chance. Thanks for the reply.

I tried some aquila wounds, i didnt really like it cuz it was distending for more than a week so i assumed something wasnt right, just went back to GHS wounds, tho the aquila sound really good when they arent always losing tune. I'll be sure to try some worths when i have the chance. Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by "wounds"? Tenor string sets can have one wound string (the C string) and if using low G then 2 wound strings but not all wound. Just curious.

I use Worth clear tenor strings and really like them. Aquilla Nylgut strings sound good but I don't like the string noise they produce and my nails of the right hand nick them up within hours of playing a new set. Then they feel real rough.

haha sorry Dom i use GHS C string wound. i have a tendency of puttin an "s" on certain words for some reason, oh by the way thanks for puttin that contest info on your site. I went on there this morning and I was like yeah maybe i should sign up for the forum, and now here I am.

Last edited:
thats not a stupid question. all i know is some sound brighter than others and the way they resonate through the uke, but dont take it from me i think a ukulele veteran should be able to answer that question more thoroughly.

thats right guys.
i also tryed worth. they are bright and clear; not bad, but i played longer -> they cutting in my fingertips. not so good.
i try to test other nylon strings this summer instead of daddario guitar strings (ej46).
will see if other can hold the goodness.

I tried the clear ones and I liked them a lot better. They are like a skinnier version of the D'Addario strings.

thats what i was thinking. i got clear worth strings when i got my uke from musicguymic and when i changed it to the ej46's, i didn't really notice any big difference. but then again, my ear isn't trained that well so it could be just me.

Ref ukulele strings

I have a lanikai curly koa concert ukelele.I bought it 3 years ago at the ukulele house in waikiki,I have no idea what kind of strings are on it .Can anybody clue me in? Mahalo

Choice of Worth over any other string is dependent on you and your uke.
On the sopranos & concerts I play (Kings & KoAlohas) my personal preference has been the brn Worths. Light tension on one uke, mediums on the rest. Try a set. If you like them a soprano/concert pak can string couple concert scale length ukes. These flurocarbon strings seem to settle quicker, are relatively temperature/humidity stable and last longer than the Aquilas I've used in the past. Worths come in clear & browns plus various tensions. Also, low G and reentrant.

I have a lanikai curly koa concert ukelele.I bought it 3 years ago at the ukulele house in waikiki,I have no idea what kind of strings are on it .Can anybody clue me in? Mahalo

lanikai usually like to stock with GHS strings. and thanks for all the input everyone I'm thinking of gettin a pack.

Reference ukulele strings

Mahalo for the info.This forum is awsome. .I believe I am the only person in my neck of the woods with a ukulele. So I have to learn from the internet. I still would like to learn "Song for anna " from Herb Ohta

Mahalo for the info.This forum is awsome. .I believe I am the only person in my neck of the woods with a ukulele. So I have to learn from the internet. I still would like to learn "Song for anna " from Herb Ohta

Dominator Tab's also has that tab but right now dominic is in the process of updating the song. so jus keep an eye for that.
LINK

Last edited:
I have tried worth strings. Both the brown and the clear.

The brown ones really sounded dead to me and didn't resonate as much as I had hoped it would. I tried the clear ones and I liked them a lot better. They are like a skinnier version of the D'Addario strings.

yep, and you can string 2 ukes for the price of 1 pack!

here is a comparison that some french dude did between the ko'olau strings and worth BE's on the same model ukulele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9F9YelMoSg

if i remember correctly from french classes in junior high... it says...

"string comparison ko'olau and worth BE mounted on two identical ukuleles, the Pono PSO"

the difference is worlds.

here is a comparison that some french dude did between the ko'olau strings and worth BE's on the same model ukulele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9F9YelMoSg

if i remember correctly from french classes in junior high... it says...

"string comparison ko'olau and worth BE mounted on two identical ukuleles, the Pono PSO"

the difference is worlds.

wow the ko'olau resonated much better while the brown worth's were kinda dry to my ear. haha it sounded like the pono soprano just ate up the notes. between the brown and the clear worth strings there should also be a big difference rite?

I've got some clear mediums on my soprano kala, and I love the sound and the feel of 'em. I'm actually planning on putting 'em on my other uke when I get around to ordering 'em...

I meant to order some today, but I got on ebay and ended up with a resonator ukulele. UAS is rough.:D

Top Bottom