Best Low G tenor string I have found

bobmyers

Reaction score
Hi, I have tried several Savarez strings to find an ideal low G string for a Tenor uke. I have tried so many because Worths low G string is awful on my uke. The Savarez Alliance KF 91 (.00358 inch ) string makes the best low G string on my new Kanilea super tenor. It would probably work as well on any tenor with Worth tenor strings CEA.
The sound is magnificent and it raises this uke to the status of a major custom makers level. I am absolutely taken back by its sound. You have to try it.
Bob

I love savarez strings. Is it much thicker and require a normal tenor nut to be widened? I find the worth string to be thunky.

Last edited:
No, I miked it, compared to the standard low G from Worth and it is virtually the same dia. so that is not a problem. The sound is alive and not dead as was the Worth string. Its truly unbelievable in the difference from Worth to Savarez.
I am not a salesman. Just an engineer who loves the Uke.
Bob

Congrats on finding the "right" strings. I'd recommend you also give the Orcas a try. They've got a lot of zing on them and sound really lively and crisp on my solid koa tenor.

Wow, hearing a lot of good things about Savarez. Thanks

I use Savarez Alliance (Plain KF Treble Standard Tension) for the other strings on my tenor. But for the low G, I use a D'Addario Pro-Arte D Light Silverplated Copper Wound .028, J4304. It's the string the luthier recommended, and I've great success with them.

http://www.juststrings.com/dad-j4304.html

What are the other three strings from Savarez on your tenor?

I did the same as you have with the D'Addario wound string( sound was great ) but it still buzzed a squeaked(like all wound strings) when played hard. So I kept searching. That led me to the Savarez string I recommend.
Bob

Top Bottom