Uke song for a Baby Girl's First Birthday...

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Aloha Gang,
I would appriciate if any has any suggestions for one...TIA
(thanks in advance) MM Stan

"ain't she sweet" ....... change words from "see her walking down the street" to "I wanna kiss her chubby cheeks" or something like that. Ha! I know you 'll get the
right one. (BTW Happy strumming! :) )

Ain't she sweet is a good one. with altered lyrics.. You holding out on us mystery man? :) How about My girl by the Temptations? Or isn't she lovely by Stevie Wonder..

dont forget to sing and play happy birthday it's a must! :)

Brah, she goin be one? Gotta find sumting in Hawaiian or wit local flava. I dunno what . . . Darcy's Lullaby, Ahi Wela, Ku'u Ipo I ka He'e Pu'e One .

Eh, you know how it is ova dea. 1st birthday is a big deal and always spesho. Das how it is fo da local folks. If you need da chords/lyrics, lemme know . . .

Last edited:
Aloha Danny,
Mahalo Nui...going to be one big Luau...Yes, gotta have the hawaiian flava....but a couple lines aint she sweet to her wont hurt...tee hee hee
I get Ahi wela...if no problem can you send the links for the other two..no can find them...mahalo..Stan

Last edited:
Mahalo Rem50, Fitncrafty and Janeray50....I will look up the lyrics and chords for the song..thanks again..MM Stan

Try this: http://chordie.com/chord.pere/www.allcountrytabs.com/tabs/frank-sinatra/aint-she-sweet-9955.html?=&1944-06-06=always&transpose=&tuning=GCEA

I think for a first birthday I'd recommend something a little more soothing. For a birthday at work for someone who was considerably older than one, a coworker and converted the song "To You Sweetheart, Aloha" by substituting the person's name for "Sweetheart" and "Happy Birthday" for "Aloha" and changed the other lyrics to fit the birthday theme. http://ukulele.lanaicityrental.com:8081/MBUS/To_You_Sweetheart_Aloha_Key_of_F.pdf

Whatever you do, happy strummings!

Aloha Danny,
Mahalo Nui...going to be one big Luau...Yes, gotta have the hawaiian flava....but a couple lines aint she sweet to her wont hurt...tee hee hee
I get Ahi wela...if no problem can you send the links for the other two..no can find them...mahalo..Stan
I need your email . . .

First birthdays are kinda like funerals. They're not really so much for the benefit of the "guest of honor" as they are for the benefit of everyone else who shows up--immediate family in particular. The guest of honor may or may not even know or care that the event is going on. :)

So the target audience for your song is primarily the mother and father, and it should be chosen accordingly, IMHO.

(That said, "I Don't Know Why" by Shawn Colvin is a perfect song to sing to a baby, no matter the occasion.)

JJ

First birthdays are kinda like funerals. They're not really so much for the benefit of the "guest of honor" as they are for the benefit of everyone else who shows up--immediate family in particular. The guest of honor may or may not even know or care that the event is going on. :)

So the target audience for your song is primarily the mother and father, and it should be chosen accordingly, IMHO.

(That said, "I Don't Know Why" by Shawn Colvin is a perfect song to sing to a baby, no matter the occasion.)

JJ

like funerals? geez.

used to be planny Local babies used to not make it to the first birthday, so Local people (cause everybody in the neighborhood kokua raising the baby) threw big first bday parties. i remember my sister's party. my tutus and aunties them wanted it more than my mom them.

as

Mahalo Nui Kakou, (Many thanks everyone)
Everything went very well..First birthdays are a big thing in Hawaii...big celebration luau....as for giving thanks and all who helped..

Why not hire a party organizer to help you decide the best for your baby girl's first birthday? I had organized the party for my girl/s first birthday and it was superb. I too will advise you to do the same to make it the most memorable day to be cherished in the future.

sorry Stan, missed the party again!

I was gonna suggest this one by Tom Paxton: 'Hey, Lil Brand New Baby'.

Top Bottom