Thoughts or experience with the Ohana Tenor TK-35G? (Solid Mahogany)

Dane

Reaction score
I've been shopping around looking for another uke to try out some new woods. The Ohana TK-35G is solid Mahogany body back and sides and looks beautiful. I've heard one sound file of it with aquilas and it sounded nice. I'm thinking with the tenor and mahogany that it might sound even better with some different strings.

I was wondering if anyone had one, or some sound clips or videos?

I also looked at the kala tenor cutaway, but I don't really need or want a pickup right now, and it doesn't look as nice. Plus I can't find any sound files or vids for it.

Any help would be great! I can't wait to try out some new ukes!

Just received mine from MGM(musicguymic) on ebay. It looks great. Look at Ken Middleton's review on youtube. He's pretty much right-on on its pro's and cons.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o3SxA1D6Odk
He uses it in several other of his videos.
It's a real pleasure to look at, which make me want to pick it up and play/practice (I'm pretty much a newbie).
It came with Aquila strings from MGM, case, and a couple of books. I believe he adjusted the action a little, but still a little high for my taste.
Overall very happy.

It is not my best ukulele, but it is probably my favourite one to play. It has a really easy playing action and it sounds great with Worth strings. Really good value for money. It came in a quality case.

If I lost this instrument, I would buy it again.

KEN

I did watch your video, and that's what got me so interested haha.

I've not looked into the ACACIA woods, I've never even heard of them.

yea this is the exact uke im looking to buy when i have the money. from all the research ive done on it. you should get it. it looks like a great buy.

yea this is the exact uke im looking to buy when i have the money. from all the research ive done on it. you should get it. it looks like a great buy.

I ordered it about 30 mins ago ;)

It is the weekend though, it might take a while to get to California... especially since it's UPS ground (I don't know how they can drive from Hawaii to California, but I just want my uke)

Top Bottom