PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

joeybug
07-29-2011, 04:17 AM
Hey everyone :D

About a week ago mds725 PM'd me to say that "a package containing "x" is on it's way to you" and to let him know if it incurred any custom charges, it did and this afternoon it arrived, all I can say is WOW.

THANK YOU SO MUCH MDS!

Here's some photos!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Joy001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Joy002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Joy003.jpg

More to follow and I'll do a video shortly!

joeybug
07-29-2011, 04:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Joy005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Joy004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Joy007.jpg

joeybug
07-29-2011, 04:20 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Joy010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Joy011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Joy012.jpg

And me very happy with my surprise box of "x"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/JoeyJoey.jpg

Thank you again, MDS!

Now I need to change my Sig, do a new graphic for my blog and my sig, running out of room!

roxhum
07-29-2011, 04:26 AM
I LOVE IT!!!!! I know you are going to love it! They have such a sweet sound. I had one I sold and now I want one again. I am so happy for you. It has been on your wish list for awhile. It looks brand new. Is it?
Huge congratulations to you!

KimUke
07-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Congrats! New "x"'s are always great! :) I'm waiting on FedEx to deliver a new "x" to me today. I hope to be smiling as broadly as you are!

rem50
07-29-2011, 04:40 AM
NICE!!!!! You are one blessed woman with great friends!

joep
07-29-2011, 04:44 AM
Very nice Jbug. I'm happy for you. Can't wait to hear it.

joeybug
07-29-2011, 04:46 AM
I LOVE IT!!!!! I know you are going to love it! They have such a sweet sound. I had one I sold and now I want one again. I am so happy for you. It has been on your wish list for awhile. It looks brand new. Is it?
Huge congratulations to you!

I think it is, has the new look and came with all the tags still attached! I'm so pleased :D

Congrats! New "x"'s are always great! I'm waiting on FedEx to deliver a new "x" to me today. I hope to be smiling as broadly as you are!

Ooo...I hope your "x" is something really cool :D

NICE!!!!! You are one blessed woman with great friends!

I am VERY blessed with the friends I have :D

Trinimon
07-29-2011, 04:58 AM
Congrats Joey! Looks great! You've definitely got great friends. :D

Lexxy
07-29-2011, 04:59 AM
mds, karma will turn around and (not bite you in the back), but reward you. Makes the community oh so warm :3

Have fun with your new uke Joey!!! (I remember you saying you wanted a POIPLE flea, not purple, but POIPLE. I guess this is the one you've been longing for!!!)

wickedwahine11
07-29-2011, 05:02 AM
That is great, enjoy it. :)

joeybug
07-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Congrats Joey! Looks great! You've definitely got great friends. :D

Thanks, I most definitely have the BEST friends ever!

mds, karma will turn around and (not bite you in the back), but reward you. Makes the community oh so warm :3

Have fun with your new uke Joey!!! (I remember you saying you wanted a POIPLE flea, not purple, but POIPLE. I guess this is the one you've been longing for!!!)

Yus, it is the one I've been longing for! I've just finished making all the graphics and now I can PLAY!!!

That is great, enjoy it. :)

Thanks, I shall enjoy her immensely!

fitncrafty
07-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Joey... I am truly happy for you!! So nice! what a generous gift you have received! If she sounds even half as lovely as the color you are in for such a treat!! I can't wait to hear you play 'Joy'... A concert of the same color is next on my list...
Have a wonderful day!!

PS: Hurry up and post that video!! :)

joeybug
07-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Joey... I am truly happy for you!! So nice! what a generous gift you have received! If she sounds even half as lovely as the color you are in for such a treat!! I can't wait to hear you play 'Joy'... A concert of the same color is next on my list...
Have a wonderful day!!

PS: Hurry up and post that video!! :)

I will, I just realised why I have had problems tuning, it's a friction tuner and I'm used to geared ones so it may take me a while to get a video out as I might have a bit of change of strings! Sorry!

Kem
07-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Nice little instrument, that, and well done with the "Hope" and "Joy" theme naming. Oddly, I have a concert I call "Joy" (because it has the Chinese character for "happiness" on the headstock), as well as a soprano I call "Peace" (because it has a peace dove on the headstock). Someday, somehow, I shall attain a tenor that has something on the headstock that will justify me calling it "Love."*

That's a nice purple colour. I'm actually a little surprised that your Eleuke isn't purple as well. You do have a bit of a purple theme going there.

*Belatedly, I have realised: all I need is "Love"...

Gmoney
07-29-2011, 06:03 AM
A POIPLE flea! Lovely! I got to have a flea... congratulations on your new "Joy"!

And, thanks to the wonderful generosity of MDS & UU in general - another example of the Ukulele Aloha!

joeybug
07-29-2011, 06:05 AM
Nice little instrument, that, and well done with the "Hope" and "Joy" theme naming. Oddly, I have a concert I call "Joy" (because it has the Chinese character for "happiness" on the headstock), as well as a soprano I call "Peace" (because it has a peace dove on the headstock). Someday, somehow, I shall attain a tenor that has something on the headstock that will justify me calling it "Love."*

That's a nice purple colour. I'm actually a little surprised that your Eleuke isn't purple as well. You do have a bit of a purple theme going there.

*Belatedly, I have realised: all I need is "Love"...

I was close to getting a Violet Eleuke, but fell in love with the Rosewood, besides I had already planned to get a poiple Flea, and now I have one!

joeybug
07-29-2011, 06:06 AM
A POIPLE flea! Lovely! I got to have a flea... congratulations on your new "Joy"!

And, thanks to the wonderful generosity of MDS & UU in general - another example of the Ukulele Aloha!

Thanks, yes, I have seen so much Aloha in these forums since I joined, so many nice people, they make the UU a great place to call "home"

RyanMFT
07-29-2011, 06:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/JoeyJoey.jpg

OK, this picture is the best! Congrats Joey, enjoy. You really embody the spirit of ukulele!

ukulefty
07-29-2011, 07:19 AM
^ I love that shirt! :D

You've really got quite the ukulele collection now! I had a play with friction tuners when I was at SUS and my fumbling bumbling fingers just weren't co-ordinated enough for the fine adjustments they need. I'm sure you'll get used to them, but if you don't I'm pretty sure they sell geared tuners that look like frictions for the Flea range.

Mandarb
07-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Sweet!! Enjoy!! Beautiful gesture mds725.

Lori
07-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Wow Joey! Congrats on the new Flea! You will get used to the friction tuners, and after the strings have settled in, you probably won't have to tune it that often. I had been very "anti-friction tuner" and had my zebra wood soprano refitted with geared tuners. But my Flea has been easier to tune than my zebra wood, and I only had to tighten one of the tuning peg screws once. It helps to think of "pinching" the tuning keys rather than turning them.
The Flea is especially good to take on uke group outings. Good luck with that.

–Lori

raecarter
07-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Mds you are a top man! Seriously that is incredible. Congrats joey x

joeybug
07-29-2011, 09:37 AM
OK, this picture is the best! Congrats Joey, enjoy. You really embody the spirit of ukulele!

^ I love that shirt! :D

Thanks, got the shirt from amazon.co.uk LOVE it :D

Skottoman
07-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Wow! 7 ukuleles in less than year?! You're getting a serious collection now!
Cheers,
Skottoman

mm stan
07-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Aloha Joey,
Congratulations on your New Poiple Flea...it looks awesome....When Mark see's your smiley face he will know it's worth it...for sure..I hope you will play a song on a video for him when you get used
to it..
@ Mark...you da man....may you get a 1000 times back in rewards..You are a perfect example why I like UU forums so much, it is the best, hey bruddah ..." you got a big heart" Much Mahalo's

joeybug
07-29-2011, 10:18 AM

Aloha Joey,
Congratulations on your New Poiple Flea...it looks awesome....When Mark see's your smiley face he will know it's worth it...for sure..I hope you will play a song on a video for him when you get used
to it..
@ Mark...you da man....may you get a 1000 times back in rewards..You are a perfect example why I like UU forums so much, it is the best, hey bruddah ..." you got a big heart" Much Mahalo's

Video is just uploading now, I did Brown Eyed Girl again because I know he likes it :D

joeybug
07-29-2011, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnHhsTw8qgs

Sound Sample as promised!

Tudorp
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Awesome.. Congrats J-Bug... Get Purple.... ;)

fitncrafty
07-29-2011, 10:45 AM
That was So beautiful Joey.. and great song choice! Yeah for you.. By the way.. you look great too!!

ukulefty
07-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks, got the shirt from amazon.co.uk LOVE it :D

I've noticed from your vids you have quite a collection of shirts to go with your ukes! :) I think I'm going to have to place an order for some and start representing! Haha!

joeybug
07-29-2011, 11:04 AM
I've noticed from your vids you have quite a collection of shirts to go with your ukes! :) I think I'm going to have to place an order for some and start representing! Haha!

Yeah, I'm on an Ukulele T-shirt kick..got my eye on another three actually, it's called UTSAS - Ukulele T-Shirt Acquisition Syndrome!

fitncrafty
07-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I'm on an Ukulele T-shirt kick..got my eye on another three actually, it's called UTSAS - Ukulele T-Shirt Acquisition Syndrome!

Not to mention Joey that you have come full circle with your ukes.. Started with purple and now an awesome poiple.. yeah for you!!

gyre
07-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Congratulations, Joey! I also like the pic of you with that big smile. Enjoyed your playing, too. You go girl!!

joeybug
07-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Not to mention Joey that you have come full circle with your ukes.. Started with purple and now an awesome poiple.. yeah for you!!

I have, just my Custom to pay for and I'll be CURED of UAS (I hope!)

Congratulations, Joey! I also like the pic of you with that big smile. Enjoyed your playing, too. You go girl!!

Thanks :D I was almost near tears of happiness at that point!

mds725
07-29-2011, 12:26 PM
It looks even more poiple than I imagined! (By the way, the Flea Market people really do refer to that color as "poiple" on the website.) Sounds nice, too. Fleas have their own unique, pretty tone. It was great seeing how happy you were to get it. I hope Joy brings you countless hours of joyful playing!

joeybug
07-29-2011, 12:50 PM
It looks even more poiple than I imagined! (By the way, the Flea Market people really do refer to that color as "poiple" on the website.) Sounds nice, too. Fleas have their own unique, pretty tone. It was great seeing how happy you were to get it. I hope Joy brings you countless hours of joyful playing!

She will most definitely bring me a lot of Joy...Now I need to do a video to introduce her to my Blog, I've changed the header, but not done a post about why, and I finally feel like I have the words...

Thank you once again, mds, from the bottom of my heart. I am so touched and blessed to call you a friend, to share in the Aloha spirit here in UU and thank you for being a part of that.

Joey :music: <--- it's purple in my mind!

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
07-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Congratulations! What a great surprise!!!!

PhilUSAFRet
07-29-2011, 01:42 PM
This is an example of why I tell non-ukers that ukers are the friendliest people on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Joey, and thanks MDS. Seeing that big smile on Joey's face made my day.

Ronnie Aloha
07-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Great gift and gesture.

mds725
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
She will most definitely bring me a lot of Joy...Now I need to do a video to introduce her to my Blog, I've changed the header, but not done a post about why, and I finally feel like I have the words...

Thank you once again, mds, from the bottom of my heart. I am so touched and blessed to call you a friend, to share in the Aloha spirit here in UU and thank you for being a part of that.

I'm thrilled that you like it! And it's really purple!!

I'm constantly amazed at the way you've committed yourself to learning to play the ukulele, and one of your many gifts to this community is how generous you've been with your time, energy and enthusiasm. I love my own red tenor Flea, but I don't think a Flea (even a poiple one) begins to thank you for that. I'm glad to have been able to see you play Joy, and I hope she brings you lots of happiness.

Seeing that big smile on Joey's face made my day.

Mine too. :)

micromue
07-30-2011, 12:43 AM
Great! No other words, but: Great!

ukulefty
07-30-2011, 02:18 AM
I have, just my Custom to pay for and I'll be CURED of UAS (I hope!)

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure..... :p