Thank you Grasshoppa- new banjo uke

TCK

Reaction score
Had to make a "new uke day post", as I am beside myself with excitement. A few weeks ago, JnoBianchi pm'd me asking if I would like to give one of his banjo-ukes a new home. It did not take me long to justify said purchase with wife, make the reason for having another one seem real and tangible- we all know the game.
For my birthday in October, my mother in law bought me a Maybell Model 24 (yes- I get rad presents fro the mother in law at 38!). I got her and worked on her for three weeks to sort out all her quirks and make her a player, and learned a lot in the process. I have looked for the right Model 20 for a while, and Bam! Here she is. Bonus? Minor set up for me to play her the way I play (John likes that action low- I needed to raise it a bit because I hammer at the poor thing).
In any event- 1920's Maybell 24 on the left, and her slimmer and younger sister 1930's Maybell 20 on the right.
MaybellsSmall.jpg
Now- I have seen a Model 20 with a metal Elgin resonator on it- aftermarket affair...anyone holding?
Cheers
Dave

Welcome to the new addition to the Maybell banjo family! I can see the resemblance. Congratulations!

I've got a MayBell myself! I do love it, but I find I have to put a sock in it for it to have the desired tone. Lucky duck!

Oh yeah- sometimes mine gets stuffed as well...not often though, I am a fan of loud and brash most days ;)

Top Bottom