Time to give back

lefty dan

Reaction score
O.K. So I have not posted for a long time. I’m still trying to learn to build the perfect uke. Im on number nine and still having fun with it. I am however running out of family members to give my ukes to.

I have some lacewood for a soprano I was going to build. I diverted and built a Black Walnut for my wife. The Lacewood make me itch and I’m told some even have a reaction to that type of wood.

So here it is. I would rather work with a type of wood I enjoy. So in an effort to give a little back to this forum for all I have learned both in building and playing, I would like to give the Lacewood to the first person that emails me.
If Lacewood doesn’t bother you I will ship it to you if in the USA FREE.
Just be the first to PM me on my email and leave me a name and address. Also your uu name so I can say who it went to. Maybe we can watch you build a great uke!!

The wood is cut for top bottom and sides of a soprano with extra for headstock or just practice. Also the blue tape is holding two together. So one with blue tape is two tops and the other blue taped is two bottom sides. Or left to right in photo. Left scrap or extra. next is two sides. Then two tops and then two bottoms.

Just thought someone could use it maybe just starting to build or never tryed lacewood before.

Regards

Dan

lacewood2.jpg
lacewood.jpg

Last edited:
I am however running out of family members to give my ukes to.

Me too! My rule is that the recipient of a free uke has to play the instrument regularly, and if they don't, they have to promise to pass it along to someone who will.

Since I've run out of family members who qualify, my #9 is going to my daughter's BF and #10 is going to my acupuncturist in exchange for his services. Also thinking of making a new one for my nephew in exchange for my #1, which will be put out of its misery via band saw. Thus the cycle begins anew...

Very generous of you to give away the lacewood set. Don't need it myself, but I salute you nonetheless.

O.K. GI8121 wants it. He is the first person that emailed me so its yours my new friend.
I will pack it and ship it tomorrow.
Going to Rogersville Mo.

Hope you enjoy it.
Lefty Dan

Steve you did something just like this to help me out so guess its my turn.
How have you been?

Thanks, I cant wait to get the lacewood. As soon as I start the build I will start a thread and keep everyone updated on the progress! Thanks again to lefty dan and his generosity!!!

I'm always so impressed by the generosity of UU members. Looking forward to the build thread. They are my favorite part of this site.

GI18121, The wood was shipped UPS today. They say you will get it on Aug. 5TH . P.M. sent.
Hope you can use it and if so good luck with the build.

Dan

Top Bottom