Happy New Uke Day!

Hiddencross

Reaction score
I just got my new uke today from Mim. It is a Big Island solid mahogany tenor (BI-M-TR). It is a nice upgrade to my Makala tenor. I'm loving it.
IMAGE_1000000275.jpgIMAGE_1000000278.jpgIMAGE_1000000281.jpgIMAGE_1000000283.jpgIMAGE_1000000284.jpg

Congratulations!!! I love new uke day. How are you liking it so far? It always takes me a few days to really get into a new uke.

Aloha Hiddencross,
Congratulations on your new Big Island uke.....it looks awesome..May you have many years of happiness playing it...nice Upgrade man..Happy Strummings..MM Stan
Noticed the yours didn't have the inlay logo on it...

Congratulations! My first "upgrade ukulele" was a Big Island Honu koa tenor, and I love that ukulele. I hope yours brings you countless hours of happy playing!

I have to say Mim knows her stuff. I had looked around locally and nothing seemed to tickle my fancy. Most of the local stores seemed to emphasize, flashy laminates over good sounding instruments. The only local ukes that felt right to me were well out of my price range. I started thinking of getting an Eleuke from Mim, but asked her advice. She recommended this uke as an upgrade to my MK-T. I could tell from the first strum, that it just felt right and it was half the cost of the least expensive local ukes that "felt right" to me.

Congratulations!!! I love new uke day. How are you liking it so far? It always takes me a few days to really get into a new uke.
I'm loving it so far. It is hard to describe, but the body just sings. Notes seem to resonate through the entire body of the uke. It has a somewhat wider neck, so my fingers are getting used to that. Bonus!, I can play a D chord with much greater ease.
Aloha Hiddencross,
Congratulations on your new Big Island uke.....it looks awesome..May you have many years of happiness playing it...nice Upgrade man..Happy Strummings..MM Stan
Noticed the yours didn't have the inlay logo on it...
Cheapskate that I am, I opted for the satin finished, low bling model with the laser etched headstock logo and no rosette. I tend to like less blingy ukes.

Congratulations! I love that feeling of a ukulele singing into my chest---it's the best! Glad you were able to track down what sounds like exactly the ukulele you were looking for.

Congrats!!!!!! I am a mahogany lover too......love that sweet tone.

Congrats on the new uke. Enjoy. The laser etched headstock logo looks pretty cool.

Happy New Uke Day :D Looks like a lovely one, I got my Eleuke from Mim and I agree that she is great to work with and excellent at matching Ukes to people :D

Hope it brings you many hours of joy and happiness :D

Joey :music: <----strumming on my new Uke too!

Top Bottom