IPad apps for the Uke

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Reaction score
I found three great iPad apps and am looking for others

For tuning: PerfectTune $3.99. Visual tuner for us with less than a perfect ear. Good for lots of instruments

For chords: Chords4ukes and Uke Fingers. Both free.

For songs: SongBook ChordPro $5.99. You can import tons of songs from Chordie.com ( thanks for the help HiddenCross ) or you own library. Easy modifying, transposing and shows chords with alternative fingering.

Anybody got any others?

I really like SongBook ChordPro as mentioned. The developer is really friendly as well and takes feature suggestions.

I use Basichords, as a chord reference. (free)

Goodreader is my PDF reader of choice where I have access my Santa Cruz Uke club songbook and numerous other tab, etc in PDF format.

On a side not I've been thinking of getting Ukulele for Dummies from the iBook store.

Check out ukehunt.com. Some good instruction books and great reference

Sorry, I'm pretty new to the iWorld and tend to find out how things work by fumbling around. In Soundbook Chordpro, is there the option to show the chord graphs in ukulele format(instead of guitar) as there is on the Chordie web site? Can't seem to find it. Mahalo.

Sorry, I'm pretty new to the iWorld and tend to find out how things work by fumbling around. In Soundbook Chordpro, is there the option to show the chord graphs in ukulele format(instead of guitar) as there is on the Chordie web site? Can't seem to find it. Mahalo.

There is a settings button at the bottom right of the app. Click there and you can change instrument. It supports C, D and Baritone Uke.

After that, once you are in a song you can transpose up or down with the lower right button to get into a key you like.

By the way, Chuck, you make some beautiful ukuleles.

Last edited:
Chuck,

You might like JeFretCalc, it is a free utility to calculate the placement of frets on stringed instruments.

I tried MisoMusic but found the interface confusing and the app buggy, so I deleted it. It's very pretty, though.

The Music Path - it has a lesson by Jake Shimabukuro. A little pricey, but where else could you get a (virtual) one on one with Jake?! He takes you from a basic vamp to "Guitar Gently Weeps."

Ukulele San is a great App and let's you play an Ukulele on your ipad. The fingering is a little uncomfortable, at least for me, but it is fun... It's also free...

I've been using Songbook Pro for awhile now absolutely love it. I'm slowly importing my music library into it. For standard songs that is quite easy but I have yet to find a good source of Hawaiian songs. This morning I found the feature of linking songs to my iPod songs. For people like me that are musically challenged it's great to get a reminder of how the song goes, or to play along with the original.

Top Bottom