what do ya think?

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Made myself a pretty cool (IMHO) headstock veneer for the Les Paul Uke today. This is made from some scrap quilted maple. I wanted to make a veneer for the headstock to match the quilted maple top I am going to put on the body, but didn't have a large enough piece. So, being a recycle advocate, I decided to make it from two scrap pieces but use a rosewood strip down the center for contrast and a little bling. How do ya think it turned out? I think it will look pretty when finished as the headstock face, along with my Dük logo in MOP. I am now thinking I might do the same rosewood stripe down the center of the quilt maple cap on the body to match... This will really pop, and have that 3D effect when finished. What do ya think?

veneer1.jpg

BTW: I'ts not exactly center, but before it is cut and put on the headstock it will be.

I can't wait to see this when it is done- it is going to be spectacular. I know a guy who would love a 20" Walnut SG when you are done (;))

Ya might want to wait and see this one before ya place your order.. lol.. BTW: I would like to have a full Gibby SG to keep it's cousin LP company.. I think a matching SG & LP would be cool.. :)

My ridiculously short fingers make a real SG impossible...but my inner Agnus Young needs a voice-badly :)

Top Bottom