Glyph Tenor Finished!

Raygf

Reaction score
Dave emailed me Thursday evening. I was on my way to Annapolis on Friday morning to pick up my Glyph custom tenor. Dave is such a fine man and an incredible artisan. I was absolutely elated on the drive and look forward to many happy hours of playing this incredible instrument.

Here is a sample of build photos.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.216065761738148.62266.100000041780487&l=657be9feaf&type=1

Here are a few photos of the finished product. I am having some difficulty getting good shots. These are okay for now. I'm planning on doing a series of recordings over the coming months to chronicle the development of the tone. I'll post a video in a few days.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.256113927733331.73805.100000041780487&l=55e7c186c2&type=1

Here are a few more specs;
Standard Martin tenor size, shape and scale, 12th fret neck joint
AAAA curly koa
koa neck with carbon fiber reinforcing rod
Indian rosewood binding top and back, maple, ebony, purpleheart top purfling lines
bound ebony fretboard
Paua abalone rosette with maple/ebony/purpleheart lines inside and out
ebony tail graft
Peghed tuners
Mi-Si pickup

Last edited:
That fingerboard in itself is AMAZING- what a beautiful instrument

From the moment I saw his herringbone inlay I knew I had to have it. Mine is rosewood, maple and koa. Dave put a strip of purpleheart down the center, maple outside the herringbone and maple bound ebony fingerboard.

Last edited:
Wow! That's gorgeous! I think I'd almost be afraid to play it. It looks like a piece of art! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing what it sounds like.

That is a beautiful Uke :drool: Congrats! Enjoy that Uke!! :D

Love the fretboard. :)

Wow, that's a gorgeous uke. Thanks for sharing pictures!

Stunning and absolutely fantastic. Congrats! Play it in good health.

WOW! :drool: :drool: :drool:

....fretboard inlay really cool also.

Congratulations!

Wow, it's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping you have many wonderful decades together!

Top Bottom