For Sale: Koaloha Tenor (made March 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucum25

Reaction score
Bought a couple of weeks ago and decided to sell because I was able to purchase a KoAloha tenor with a crown string-through bridge. This uke has only been played a couple of hours at the most and has been kept in a uke crazy hardfoam case.

As far as details, this uke was purchased brand new (Not a second hand, no dings or scratches as far as I can see), setup with action roughly 3/32'' at the 12th fret with easy playability down the fretboard.

Soundwise: You can expect that KoAloha sound, loud and bright tone.

I'm asking $900.00 + shipping within the Continuental US. The uke will come with a uke crazy hardfoam case. I accept Paypal or check.

Here are some pictures:

326.jpg332.jpg328.jpg
335.jpg

More pics:

336.jpg333.jpg331.jpg330.jpg

Attachments

• 337.jpg
    337.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 31
Probably made after March 2011 as they usually make stamps a month or two before production completion so this is one of the newest Koaloha tenors out there.

They just ship them straight from KoAloha, they don't usually have any stock. You cannot see before you buy. I would rather go for a previously owned uke.

All depends on how important new vs. used is to you. I personally would call Koaloha and get factory second but to each, its own

I sold the string through bridge tenor to nucum25, great guy to work with.

I buy and sell other types of gear frequently across several forums and have noticed generally accepted best practices. I think we should consider having rules on UU about people disrupting sales threads w/ comments about where you can find something cheaper etc. If you disagree with pricing, comments should be made through PM. (My post should prob go in the suggestions part of the board, but I'm on painkillers and feel horrible right now. Mods, after you read this, you can edit it.)

Goodnight! :)

I sold the string through bridge tenor to nucum25, great guy to work with.

I buy and sell other types of gear frequently across several forums and have noticed generally accepted best practices. I think we should consider having rules on UU about people disrupting sales threads w/ comments about where you can find something cheaper etc. If you disagree with pricing, comments should be made through PM. (My post should prob go in the suggestions part of the board, but I'm on painkillers and feel horrible right now. Mods, after you read this, you can edit it.)

Goodnight! :)

Goodnight!! BTW... I Agree, it is up to the buyer to shop around. In addition, if somebody posts where to get it cheaper, and you go look for it and realize it is not available, then comeback to find the uke you wanted is now sold...not right!!!

Goodnight!! BTW... I Agree, it is up to the buyer to shop around. In addition, if somebody posts where to get it cheaper, and you go look for it and realize it is not available, then comeback to find the uke you wanted is now sold...not right!!!

I have no issues with people posting their thoughts on the forum especially if they can direct you towards a great buy. I'm merely posting a price which I think is reasonable. If you are interested, sent me a PM, if not thanks for looking. Either way you can't go wrong with a KoAloha uke.

@experimentjon: Thanks for the kind words. The string-through tenor is breathtaking in every aspect, especially the sound!! I cant seem to put the thing down. Hope you get well soon.

My only comment would be to make sure you're comparing apples to apples when posting a price comparison. nucum25's tenor comes with a hard case while I couldn't find any reference that a case was included in the cybalism.com offer.

i wonder why i havent seen many koaloha tenors with curly koa

I think the bigger pieces of curly are getting scarcer. My tenor's top, back and sides are 1 piece, not bookmatched.

The Koaloha tenor I purchased from experimentjon is also a one-piece top back and side. Is yours a string-through crown bridge as well?

just wondering, how do you restring?

it looks like the string is attached to the bridge or something

This is exactly the 'ukulele I've been looking for. Unfortunately, I'm still a few months away from being able to buy it. Unless, of course, you'e be willing to give a poor sucker a break and part with it for $600.

Yeah, I didn't think so. You can stop laughing now.

Ah well, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that once my money is set one will be available

This is exactly the 'ukulele I've been looking for. Unfortunately, I'm still a few months away from being able to buy it. Unless, of course, you'e be willing to give a poor sucker a break and part with it for $600.

Yeah, I didn't think so. You can stop laughing now.

Ah well, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that once my money is set one will be available

I'm certainly in no rush to sell, but if an offer comes along I'm afraid I'm going to have to let sell, hopefully towards another K brand.
(PS: it was just a chuckle)

PM sent.
If my proposal does not work, I'll hope you do not sell it in the next 10 days, and then I can buy it with my paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom