A couple new songs...

Jake Wildwood

Reaction score
Just wrote a few more songs this week, figured I'd share...! First one's "Rigor Mortis" and I'm playing it on an old Harmony tenor guitar that's got such light bracing that I have it strung and tuned as a rather large baritone uke using Worth low G concert strings (I love the feel and matching tonality of all plain strings)...

Second one is something I wrote for a bit of a concept album in the future...

Both of these are clips from in our shop up here in VT.

Cool. Thanks for sharing!

Hi, I enjoyed both of them. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, really good stuff! That old Harmony sounds great, too. Makes me want to go yank the bracing out of my Taylor and put nylon strings on it... :)

Thanks folks... :)

And I wouldn't suggest the bracing removal on your Taylor... heh heh... Harmony steel-strung instruments from that time were often pretty underbraced and work pretty decently with nylon if'n you wanted to. This instrument wouldn't self-destruct with steel, but I did notice some extra belly that way pulling the action higher (and I had already shaved stuff down)... so I figured it'd be a win-win to actually have a bari-uke-like instrument in the house anyhow! It's a really nice instrument to pick up and write on in the middle of the night as it's such a sweet fingerpicker.

Top Bottom