one week today shoulder surgery = no ukulele :-(

raecarter

Reaction score
Next Monday I'm having a arthroscopic bankart repair on my shoulder which basically means no driving, sleeping, gigging, picking up my kids, playing with the kids and no Ukulele. I'm not looking forward to it but I hope it will be the end of dislocations and the pain that comes with it so I have mixed feelings really.

Hi mike I haven't I think I'm just going to write some songs if I can. Its been ten years of dislocation so I need it gone from my life.

Aloha Rae,
Here's hoping you have a rapid and complete recovery. We are all pulling for you....................BO................

Just think, when you've completed PT, you can play all the uke you want!
Good luck....prayer comming at ya.

Thanks all I'm going to try and come on here more as o neglect this place really

Aloha Rae,
Glad you are getting the work done, Good luck and have a speed and tolerable pain recovery..MM Stan

Good Luck Rae, I know it's gonna be difficult, but at the end of it, you'll be back to normal and not have to worry about dislocations anymore! :D

Good luck with your surgery! Maybe you should let your treating surgeons know that your shoulder has to be ukulele-capable when it's healed.

Good luck with the surgery. Do your therapy stuff and it'll be well worth it.

My elbow doesn't hurt any more. I couldn't play for 2 weeks while my arm was in a cast. (Don't think I didn't try.) And then it was slow going for a couple of months. I'm so glad I had it fixed.

That's a bummer, man. Pain is no man's friend. But hopefully your short term sacrifice will pay off in the long run. My father just had an arthritic hip replaced earlier this week. Like you, he's just looking forward to being able to get around better than he has in years. Good luck with it.....

Don't fret (pun intended), but you will be back into it soon. 1-1/2 years ago I had a major tear in my left shoulder repaired which meant eight weeks immobile in a sling 24-7. During recovery and throughout PT twisting my forearm out to the neck on my uke was my personal test of progress. I remember being happy when I could play for a minute or two. Then it was no time before I was back full time. Listen to some good CDs and you will be back before you know it!

Its my right shoulder mike. Thanks for all your wwell wishes! Wconley have you got screws on your shoulder with braid in there?

Three screws that weren't expected. I also had a Mumford procedure. Surgery was scheduled for 1:30 and went to about 4:30. When I came out of the sling my arm was pretty much useless and it took about a month of PT before I could tip my arm out to make a chord and play for a minute or so. I think your right shoulder will be easier because holding your uke won't be a much different position from being in a sling (unless you're left handed of course). Good luck and work your PT religiously.

Top Bottom