WTB Pineapple Ukulele under 100 dollars~

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Edit::

I'm currently only interested in a Leolani zebra wood pineapple Ukulele. Please pm me with prices if you have one for sale.

Thank you,
JiHo

Last edited:
Last edited:
I work in a music shop with Kalas the Kala mahogany pineapple is A LOT nicer than the watermelon or pineapple silkscreens. I'm really impressed with their mahogany series. Even the makalas are nice starters, the only thing I've ever had an issue with was the tuners, but they ususally do hold tune pretty well. And if you switch out the ghs strings to aquilas makalas sound AMAZING. I would recommend either of those. Good luck!

I had a Makala MK-P and it was really pretty darn good! I had too many ukes and gave it away but it was real nice.

I like the Makalas as well but I would not call them striking or even pretty. I'm sure occasionally you get a more interesting one but in general the grain is pretty unattractive. That said, they have very good intonation and sound very nice with Aquilas as already stated.

played around with one of the luna tattoos at guitar center here the other day wasnt half bad and was the same price as amazon.

I bought one of those $50 Makai's. Have to sand down the nut. Included case, I paid $4 to upgrade (good choice). Will change strings and may get new tuners eventually. Not a stunner, but light as a feather, loud, and resonant.

Have the Makai pineapple and a Lanikai LU-21. Both needed the same amount of nut filing to correct the intonation. Similar quality build. The Makai has OK friction tuners, the Lanikai geared tuners so IMO it comes down to tuner preference.If you get the Makai from UkeRepublic, Mike will take care of any minor setup issues. Unless you don't mind doing your own tweaking, UkeRepublic is always a good source for ukes. For a few extra $$ over eBay or Amazon, you'll get a uke ready to play.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys. The more I think about it, however, the more I want the leolani zebra pineapple ukulele. So if anyone is willing to sell it please pm or reply here with a price. Thank you very much, and I will be updating the original post now to include this information.

Save ten more dollars, and you can get that uke brand new, all set up from HMS. Pretty good deal.

Oh, oops, low/no stock. You may have to wait a while... a long while...

Save ten more dollars, and you can get that uke brand new, all set up from HMS. Pretty good deal.

Oh, oops, low/no stock. You may have to wait a while... a long while...

Yeah that was the first place I went. Great deal! But they're not going to in stock until September and even then they're not sure.

Top Bottom