the a-team cover

raecarter

Reaction score
Thanks appreciate that. You from the uk?

Nope - I live in Atlanta, Georgia, USA - I've just always been a sucker for pop singers with an English accen.... back in school, when I started playing the guitar, I discovered Johnny Marr & The Smiths, Elvis Costello, Pulp, XTC, Squeeze - all the 'Brit Pop' guys (not to mash all English guitar pop music into one big lump) that were 'indie' or 'alternative' music over here in the 80's & 90's. Haven't really followed it much lately, so it's nice to get exposure to newer stuff in posts like yours.

There are few American bands that I associate with this sound, but one is The Shins. Ever given them a listen? Excellent songwriting and just good, diverse music.....

working on a cover of this one now.....

Dang Rae, you weren't kidding about a sad song. And again you're introducing me to an artist I'm unfamiliar with, thank you for that. he's great. It's a super song and you do it so well. You are a strong performer (playing and singing). This song really suits your voice. Thanks,
Don
BTW, good job color coordinating with the nice blue shirt:)

Skidoo that's like old school Indie I like. Try downloading the stands all years leaving that is like ten years old but is in a very similar style. Dapuke thanks as always I'm glad you appreciate my songs choices. I think I'm.definitely improving vocally now and I'm much more confident can't wait until my iTunes single has been finished!

awesome job rae! You, skidoo and I have very similar taste in music! hopefully one day I'll be able to play songs like you guys!

I get great messages on here thank you! Keep at it! Although I've been playing uke 18 months I played guitar for 15 yeard

In my opinion one of your best Rae, love this song, one of the few I've downloaded from Itunes. What chords are you using?

Thanks mate I'm tuned to baritone but the shapes are G Em C G C verse, middle is Am C G Then a g with the first string open. Chorus em c g and the g/dsus2 thing hope this helps mate. Did you sell your mainland

Thanks mate I'm tuned to baritone but the shapes are G Em C G C verse, middle is Am C G Then a g with the first string open. Chorus em c g and the g/dsus2 thing hope this helps mate. Did you sell your mainland
Thanks for the info mate. No I can't bring myself to part with it just yet.

Top Bottom