Marshall AS50D Rules

lambchop

Reaction score
Well, I had the opportunity to get a Marshall AS50D and, wow, is this an amazing amp. I had been looking at a Roland AC60 (very nice, as well), and a Fishman Loudbox Mini (also very nice), but I kept going back to the Marshall as it both keeps the more delicate part of the ukulele sound alive (does not color it) but also manages to give my ukulele a sort of body that belies the fact its lowest note is middle C. I am thinking it is the closed box design that all of these amps have that give them all a nice, tight bottom, but I'm not sure. I do know that the Marshall seems to have the most flexibility - its got very good chorus and reverb effects that are totally assignable to the two channels (one, both, or, in the case of the reverb, a balance between channel 1 and 2) and I love the fact that the tone is simple - bass and treble - all I need. Any of the three amps would be great choices for ukulele, but the Marshall just seemed to sound the most correct.

I've played my Ukulele through the AS50D once at a gig and was very happy with it. But it is very heavy. I've found that the perfect amp for ukulele is the AER compact 60. Even truer sound at only half the weight. It was quite an investment, but it's worth every cent.

I own one its one of.the best things I've ever bought. The reverb is immense it improves my vocals so much through it and the anti feedback is amazing! Congratulations

Brilliant amp - works fine at home but can equally fill a fair sized venue. Killer tone too. The XLR vocal stage is also superb

wow, i need to try that amp. i know someone that owns one of those, so i'll just give him a call.
i play through fender, silverface champ n vibrochamp. even thou they're for guitar, the ukulele sounds very nice.

what other amplis are used to play uku??

Top Bottom