Dreams of plastic ukuleles can come true!

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters

Reaction score
Afflicted with PUAS, plastic ukulele aquisition syndrome, for the past few months, I'd been losing one evilBay auction after the next. Seems there's more than one PUAS sufferer out there with a few more dollars than me. My plastic ukulele dream was to have my own Islander Uke, but my bad luck with auctions seemed to only be getting worse.

The day after I posted "WTB: Islander by Maccaferri" in the UU marketplace, UUer Huna let me know his Islander was starting to gather a little dust and could use a new home. A couple emails, a paypal transaction, and two days travel time later (thanks USPS!), this little beauty arrived at my door:

islander3.jpgislander7.jpg

She's got the sweet tone you only get from a solid-styron top, back, and sides!

If you've ever thought, "I'd play ukulele more if only they weren't so heavy," then you're ready for an Islander---hollow neck! Hollow headstock!! This is the lightest uke I've ever held! Hollowness also makes the Islander an excellent, low-volume hand drum. Heehee.

Ah, sweet plastic ukulele satisfaction!! Thanks again to Huna for a great deal on a beautiful little piece of ukulele history! I could go on, but I should really be strumming...

Afflicted with PUAS, plastic ukulele aquisition syndrome, for the past few months, I'd been losing one evilBay auction after the next. Seems there's more than one PUAS sufferer out there with a few more dollars than me. My plastic ukulele dream was to have my own Islander Uke, but my bad luck with auctions seemed to only be getting worse.

The day after I posted "WTB: Islander by Maccaferri" in the UU marketplace, UUer Huna let me know his Islander was starting to gather a little dust and could use a new home. A couple emails, a paypal transaction, and two days travel time later (thanks USPS!), this little beauty arrived at my door:

View attachment 26347View attachment 26348

If you've ever thought, "I'd play ukulele more if only they weren't so heavy," then you're ready for an Islander---hollow neck! Hollow headstock!! This is the lightest uke I've ever held! Hollowness also makes the Islander an excellent, low-volume hand drum. Heehee.

Ah, sweet plastic ukulele satisfaction!! Thanks again to Huna for a great deal on a beautiful little piece of ukulele history! I could go on, but I should really be strumming...

Happy New Uke Day :D I like the sound of my flea which I think is mostly plastic too! :D

Love the red in that back!

My fiance found an Islander at an antique store for cheap and scooped it up for me. It sounds like a bucket...I love it! :D

Congarats!

Aloha Ralf,
Congratulations..the islander was the first uke for me as a small kid..I am still look for a perfectly good one...I bought a Uke from Huna and I gotta say it was a pleasure to business with him...
packed well and came fast...sounds awesome....Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Aloha Ralf,
Congratulations..the islander was the first uke for me as a small kid..I am still look for a perfectly good one...I bought a Uke from Huna and I gotta say it was a pleasure to business with him...
packed well and came fast...sounds awesome....Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Ahh, you'd like an Islander that hasn't been out of its box yet. I'd wager you've got both the ukulele-hunting skills and the patience to make your plastic ukulele dream come true as well, Stan. Best of luck!

View attachment 26347View attachment 26348

That is a real beauty. Can't even allow myself to entertain the thought of PUAS.

PUAS???? I think I am missing something in my life!

Top Bottom