Headstock logo

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I found out that there is no way within my experience level to put "Dük" on my headstocks. Too small for me anyway. And I haven't even tried one in the Aphid sized headstock. So, I decided after ruining a bunch of MOP, and some scrap maple. I settled on a simply "D" in my logo script as a headstock logo. At least for now until I get some more inlay under my belt. Here it is on the veneer I made from quilt maple and rosewood that is going on my full function steel string Les Paul copy Uke.

Before and after epoxy applied.

headstocklogo2.jpgheadstocklogo3.jpg Not too bad for a rookie if I say so myself. Can't wait to see it under the lacquer.

Here is at the end of the day. Again, not perfect, but if I have to say so myself, pretty good for a first time inlay. I have to pull it all back apart to apply the lacquer to the whole neck and headstock, but wanted to trial fit everything and see if it's turning out as I had planned. It is, other than the imperfections in the inlay. But, I'll live with it until I gain some experience with doing that sort of thing..

headstock6.jpg

Keep it up Tudorp. Cutting pearl is a skill that is only learned through experience. Practice cutting up some old CDs. Here's my suggestion. Print the alphabet in any bold font that you like. Glue it to a CD of your choice (the new Eddie Vedder album works especially well.) By the time you get to "Z" you won't be wasting pearl shell anymore.

Practice cutting up some old CDs...(the new Eddie Vedder album works especially well.)
:D Ouch! At the very least, a flesh wound.

Last edited:
Keep it up Tudorp. Cutting pearl is a skill that is only learned through experience. Practice cutting up some old CDs. Here's my suggestion. Print the alphabet in any bold font that you like. Glue it to a CD of your choice (the new Eddie Vedder album works especially well.) By the time you get to "Z" you won't be wasting pearl shell anymore.

Thats a great idea... I got lots of CD "coasters" laying around to practice on.. ;)

Top Bottom